Hello..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SuicidalAnonymous, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, just found this forum..
    I don't have much to say at the moment, except that I've been suicidal for a short while (since this summer). Im in contact with pyschiatrics and am being treated with Prozac, sleeping medication and soon Valium/Xanax at the moment... Lately the thoughts on suicide have come back to me and I've been thinking of not taking my Prozac and instead save up the doses (my psychiatrist give me 4-5 capsules each week) and eat as many as possible of them togheter with a large dose Olanzapine that I got prescribed instead of Benzo's...

But right now I'm regretting it all and so I've decided I should tell at least someone..

Well, any thoughts?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI welcome my thoughts are to tell your pdoc you are still having the thoughts so he or she can maybe add on something to your meds or change them up a bit. Being honest with pdoc only way to get stable and well okay

3. yeah Im having a meeting with my therapist this thursday..
    it's scary to disclose plans like this, they can ruin it at any time and maybe they do when i need this the most..

4. total eclipse

your therapist will only care for you and help you as well No thoughts are just thoughts and the doctors will know how to get them to go away okay I am glad you are talking to therapist soon.

5. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I agree with Violet. Telling your pdoc is probably the best thing.

I don't know when you be able to get an appointment again, but I would say resume your scheduled dose of meds and make sure that someone at the pdoc's office knows what you have done as soon as possible.

6. guess i should take my daily prozac and return the ones i havent eaten.. i kinda miss the psychiatric wards :p

7. total eclipse

I think you miss the saftey of psychiatric ward and maybe having people there that understood you. We understand here and i am glad you are putting the other meds away and just taking what you are prescribed Good for you take care of you okay please

8. exactly, i met a lot of people that were like me and felt like me.. in my current life i have almost nobody..

gotta get to bed, im glad i found this place. expect more from me.

9. total eclipse

i hope you can find a community gathering or mental health facility that you can go to throughout the day to meet people Ask your doctor about day programs as well they will help you meet new people. Are you able to take any courses you might like art music drama so you can be amongst people as well take care okay have a good nights rest.

10. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

You have to talk to your psychiatrist soon.

Some medications can actually cause suicidal thoughts.

You need to get a family member or a trusted friend to help you get your psychiatrists boss to review his/her treatment of you.

Your psychiatrist does have to work to a standard and having the treatment plan they wish you to follow being put under review every once in a while is a must.

No-ones treatment should become so complicated and confused that it gets to the point where they find themselves on a cocktail of drugs

Your medication may not be the problem but you are too special to not have evry possibility checked out. :)

Remember you are the important one in all this.

You should be having specific symptoms treated with as few different types of medication as possible.

Have someone help you inquire directly to your psychiatrists superior as to the properties of each type of medication you have been prescribed.

Also find out which of your symptoms are meant to be treated by which drug.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  11. At the moment I'm on Prozac (depression) and Imovane (I've problems sleeping). I've also been on Oxazepam and Diazepam but since I eat all benzo's they give me the very day I get them, they stopped prescribing them...

Like I said before, I have a meeting tomorrow (Thursday) with my psychatrist, therapist and teachers from my high school. I plan to tell at least my therapist about my plans on suicide etc.. but I'm pretty nervous in front of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.