Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Youth, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Youth

Youth Active Member

Wow! Where do I start?

I live in a big Midwestern city and last year I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. I'm 22 years old and going to a college I hate. Last year I started failing classes and it was unusual for me, so I was like "what's going on?" I also noticed that my social life had withered into dust.
    The truth is now, I hate my life and it's difficult to cope when I seem to be caught up in my own world. To make things worse I'm biracial, a diminutive male, intelligent, and don't have anybody in my neighborhood who shares my intellectual interests. I love reading, writing, indy films, music, and a lot of other things, but I'm so withdrawn from those around me that everyday I just feel hopeless and want to end my myself.
    I'm want people to live happy lives and sometimes they do, but I feel like I'm incapable of prolonged happiness. When I have "hypomanic episodes" I just write and read and divulge into movies because nobody wants to be around me. I don't drink or smoke or do drugs, but I don't have anything against people who do.
    I just hope I can make friends here somehow and meet people who like to be fun, or enjoy art, or who just feel like the compassion of another human would be nice. Right now, I have no one to relate to. All I have is my little school projects and writing and film.

Thanks so much for reading,
    Youth!:biggrin:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I will welcome you here as well okay nice to see you reaching out here for support

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Welcome - I hope you get the support you need here.

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the help and support you need here.

Take Care

Rich

5. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Hello and welcome. I hope you find the support you are looking for. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.