Discussion in 'Welcome' started by warrabinda, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

I'm in my early twenties, and have been having ideation for hmm... 2 years strongly, but off and on since I was around 15. Ed, etc.
    However I'm also a 'professional' and feel incredibly ashamed/alone. It's a tricky position to be in because I know many people working within all the formal help resources where I live! I'm also incredibly worried this will get traced somehow by someone I know/work with... then again it's funny I think most people have something, even if they don't talk about it.
    I'm staying alive for my parents and my dog; having said that I feel worse about it because I can't even manage to look after my dog or be a particularly wonderful daughter.
    That's pretty much it. I joined both as a support network for myself, but also hopefully to support others. Trying to make a positive out of this mess!
    Thank you!
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I am also a professional and struggled with the same difficulties, but decided that I had to come first, and surprisingly, whoever knew I got help, supported me...please get what you need first...maybe private treatment would keep you away from any of the other issues...welcome again and please continue to share with us what is going on...big hugs, J
  3. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

hey, welcome to SF :)
    good to have something that you stay alive for. we all need something like that, that keeps us here.
    also, i love your avi <3
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi glad you are here. I to am a professional and chose to go to get private help for me. It has helped some. I hope your reach out okay You are human and like the rest of us we all need help sometimes hugs
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello A, Welcome to the forums..My therapist talked me into getting a dog so I could learn to love again.. I love him but he is a pain in the ass sometimes..He's two now and still doesn't listen..Anyhow I hope you find the support you need here..There are plenty of members here who can relate to you.. Take Care!!
  6. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

haha! they can be pains!

thank you all for your replies!
  7. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Hi and welcome to SF
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.