Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Montana, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montana

Montana Member

Good morning people,
    (actually its afternoon now, but when i started writing this was morning)

So, i first heard of this website some months ago (around 7 i guess) when i was feeling a bit unmotivated towards life. I read some posts and i must admit i felt kind of ridiculous cause my concerns are nowhere near the ones of the average user of this forum.

To start, a little bit about me: i'm a 25 yold male, soon to turn 26. I'm brazilian (so please forgive my bad english). I graduated as civil engineer 2 years ago. I've been with the same girlfriend for the last 8 years. I was never abused, hurt or molested. I have few but good friends. My parents were and still are great.

So why would i feel unmotivated? I think it was a mix of 2 factors:

- the lack of meaning in life: since around 15 yold i think a LOT about life, about what we do and how we live. And i just can't find a meaning to it. I'm an atheist, so for me there's nothing after this. And after i graduated and started on a steady job routine, things were like: wake up, work, lunch, work, dineer, tv/pc/drinks, sleep, repeat. On weekends having some moments of drunk fun. Then repeat all over again. Knowing that i'll probably never stand out in anything. Ill live my life just as my father lived his.
    - pressure: the way things are going, i'll take over the family construction business. Thinking of it kind of freaks me out, cause it's so much responsability. I can't deal with failure, and things sometimes go wrong, thats a fact. For the last year i've been living alone in a small town to work on a project that should end in 5 months. And here i had some work issues that nearly got me to my limit (employees issues). I think there's a lot of pressure for me to "succed".

So the first factor is something i always lived with. But when the second one kicked in i had this question: "Why the **** am i doing this? I dont like my job, i dont like this town, i barelly do anything that makes me happy. What's the point?" That got me to a lot of drinking and a soft depression.

Anyway, i got over this by accepting the following:
    - work issues are work issues, they come and go and worrying too much won't fix anything. I just learned to live with them.
    - you can ALWAYS start over, no matter what happens.
    - life IS meaningless, get over it.
    - i started doing things that pleasure me again: music playing, watersports that i like, going to the gym, going out with friends and i even fullfilled a teen age desire and bought a skateboard and started skating :dry:
    - i stoped drinking on weekdays (very important)

So anyway, now i feel excited about life and even about work sometimes.

Then why am i posting here?

I'd like to help someone who needs it. How? I have no idea. All i can offer is friendship. Usually at nights im in front of my computer with nothing to do. If someone ever needs to chat, about anything, i'm free and i'd be really glad to do it (it's lonely here you know!).

So anyone feel free to send me a pm. We can chat here, on MSN, on voice chat (if you don't mind some accent), on video chat, or anywhere else i can reach.

About the things i said above, i never said them to anyone. I must say it feels good to put it out. :shelbi:

I expect some contact, byebye all.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Montana.. Welcome to the forums.. It's always good to see someone with a positive outlook on life.. Even when we're down it's good to have someone like you around.. Feel free to reply to threads..

3. kobie76

kobie76 Well-Known Member

Hello Montana :welcome: to SF

Its good to have you around :)

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Hi and thanks for your offer of help

5. Montana

Montana Member

thank you guys. it's great to see so many people who are nice and polite for no reason.
    i live in a world where 90% of the time people are trying to take advantage over the others. And im forced to do that too, wich really makes me sad, since deep inside im a really peacefull and loving person. i wish everyone was much more naive.
    naiveness is something i really apreciate on people. NAIVE NAIVE

damn i wanted to say more but atm i only got my smartphone and it takes sooo long!!!

6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Hi there. Welcome to SF.

7. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Hello, welcome to sf. i hope you find the support your looking for. if you ever need anything feel free to PM me. take care! looking forward to seeing you post more.

8. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Hey :welcome: To SF
    So glad to have you In the SF family!

9. Montana

Montana Member

I feel so warm :fire:

thank you all.

10. Montana

Montana Member

lies.

11. the_only_one

the_only_one Well-Known Member

hi,
    my name is andrew and like you, i dont feel that there is a god and life doessnt really have meaning. i just dont really know what to do right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.