Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Gossack, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gossack

Gossack Active Member

Hi everybody. I've been depressed for a few years. I'm not doing that well at college and I'm not very smart. My brother is a computer technician and I feel like an idiot compared to him. My brother and sister have jobs whereas I'm struggling to get one. I feel terrible. :(
  2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Hi there and welcome to SF. :hug:

My partner (I'm too old to say boyfriend) has an older brother who has an awesome job, heaps of money, posh house blah blah blah. He is the biggest arsehole I have ever met in my life. I call him platinum bollocks. Nasty nasty man. So you see? Having an older brother with money does not make them better than you in any way at all. It's what is in your heart that makes you a good person, not what is in your bank account.

College can be a pain at times, and depending on where you are in your course, you can find yourself really cynical and hating it all. I know I did.

Just a thought - have you talked to anyone about all this? You've taken a big step by posting here. I hope that you keep talking to us. Feel free to PM me if you need an ear.
  3. Gossack

Gossack Active Member

Thanks for that, you're wonderful. :)
  4. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

5. wOOt99

wOOt99 Active Member

An exam does not dictate your intelligence level. Whats important about college and university is to gain knowledge and insight on how the world works.
    Massive Bear Hugs!
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Luke, welcome to the forum :)
  7. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

HI Luke,

I remember you. WE had a chat in the chat room.

Even i am struggling to find a job.My most of the peers either have a job or have done a job before.

My future looks very dark.I don't say this but everyone else say that.
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Luke!!
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi just want to welcome you to the forum h ugs to you
  10. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF! I hope you get the support you need here. Also if you want you can come check out the chat room. :)
  11. marsb

marsb Member

We all have things we are great at and it doesn't have to be what others are. Remember the things that make you happiest are the things you were made to do and you will do them well.
  12. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

I'm not very smart either. I'm the dumbest one in my family (including cousins and the like). Don't let their accomplishments bring you down. Be yourself and keep searching..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.