1. Life'slittlemistake

Life'slittlemistake New Member

I wouldn't say I'm "new" here, I've been around the site for months but I've never made an account because, well I'm not exactly suicidal. I'm just stuck? I guess? For lack of a better word.

So the situation, which is also why I've posted here in this forum rather than another. It's been quite a few months since it all happened now, my girlfriend left me and is now with someone else. Things were really hard for the first few months, but then got better. However recently, over the past couple of weeks, it's starting to cripple me again. She seems to be all I can think about again. I find myself awake at half past five, needing to get up at six for work, just thinking about all the times we had together, all the memories we made together and all the fun we had. I really thought what we had was love, but it couldn't have been if she doesn't love me now. Maybe I'm just an idiot that fell for someone he could never have, but that doesn't stop all of this killing me still. I want her back. Not the person she is now, but the person she was. I look through all the photos I have of her, of us, and all the memories are all I think about anymore. Worst bit is we still talk a little bit, not very much but a little, and I can't tell her. I shouldn't tell her because I know she wouldn't ever feel the same, maybe she even regrets that part of her life with me. I know it's selfish of me to have these feelings and to even be asking for some form of help on here when nobody even knows me from Adam, but I'm really lost for ideas now. I'm harming again and we all know that's a road someone does NOT need to go down. I can't sleep, can't think, can't even eat. I'm so tired all the time now because just her very thought is keeping me up at night. Her scent somehow catches me at total random points even though there's no possible way for that to happen. It's like for a second she's there with me again and everything's okay. But in that same second everything falls to pieces again.

I really thought I was over this, but obviously I'm not and even if she would ever take me back which I know wouldn't happen, she's not the person she once was anymore. And nobody could ever match her beauty, both inner and outer. Please don't tell me this is an infatuation, I do know the difference. I just don't know how to get over her, and time did make things better for a short while, nit now.. well you can see it's not helped me at all.

I understand not getting any replies since I'm new here and have not contributed a thing to the forums, but any advice or help given would be very, very much appreciated. Thanks.

If you want, call me ja.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...sometimes it takes something/someone else to help get over a past love...and yes, moving on is very difficult...you owe it to yourself to do it...J
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi and glad you are here posting reaching out for some help. It takes time when one is hurt but the pain will lessen I hope you can get out and meet new people okay hugs
  4. house_atraides

house_atraides Active Member

I've been down this road three times and it was a killer. You have every reason to be sad. Remember just because you two aren't together doesn't mean she didn't love you. It sounds like you had a special relationship and I assure you that the feeling went both ways. The thing is love is a drug. Getting on is a great high but the lack of that drug is horrible. Takes time, which is the hardest thing to hear but it's so true. I bet a year will pass from this day and you'll look at those pictures and feel some happiness. You also said shes not the girl you fell in love with anymore. That's really good you see that and I think a girl that was true to you, would be far greater then the past. Message me anytime if you need someone to talk to.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Destroy photos, try to get rid of everything that reminds you of her. If she's changed, it's over, and keeping that stuff around will just make you remember a different universe that's gone for good.