Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Mr. E, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. E

Mr. E Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!

I'm 21 y/o college grad/hopeful grad student... formally diagnosed with clinical depression since 2007, have battled fluctuating bouts of suicidality for years. Hoping to see some sunshine soon.

It seems as though I can't confide in hardly anyone about these issues I face. 95% of my friends and family cannot understand how someone can want to end their own life, are uncomfortable hearing/talking about it, and basically make me feel ashamed for sharing my feelings. As a result, I'm reluctant to do so when I'm in a crisis. So I end up fighting this battle alone.

I think it's really wonderful that a site like this is around. :)
  2. MLKane

MLKane Well-Known Member

Hi E, hope you find what you're looking for here, I've not been with the site long but what I've seen of it has been good. welcome :)
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Mr. E...Lots of support here.. Keep posting and you will start getting more replys..
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum mr.e
  5. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Welcome x
  6. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

hi and welcome :welcome:

its really hard for people to understand who have no or little experience of anything like this. But you have found a place full of people who mostly doand I hope that will help you.

Hope to see you around

7. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

I hope you find that we can help you through the bad times and hear about the good ones my pm door is always open
    much love sarah xx
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi glad you are reaching out here for support
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.