Discussion in 'Welcome' started by VonShizer, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VonShizer

VonShizer New Member

I am sorry I even had to join a site like this. Don't take this the wrong way - I am sure you all are wonderful people I never would otherwise have the chance to meet. It's just the reason I felt like I needed to join.

Yes, I am suicidal. Yes, I have been so for the past 10+ years of my life.

I am a 20-something transgendered male from somewhere in Europe. Now, being transgendered is a struggle in itself to me. God knows how many times I have wanted to kill myself over the years. It's the recent burden of coming out to my family that has driven me into this depression again - they're not accepting at all. I went through my fair share of therapy in my teens and came out "mentally healthy" after being diagnosed with severe depression and a panic disorder. Needless to say, neither of those never left me.

I am currently stuck in a position where I can't seek any medical help for the depression I KNOW is there unless I want to risk my chances of transitioning (the main source of my depression is having to live as the wrong gender). Basically I will have to wait it out for them to give me the OK to transition before I can seek help for the depression I have; I'd like to think it will just disappear the second I get my "OK" for hormones, but I doubt it will. So for now I am stuck here, feeling suicidal and hoping to get some support from others who share similar, not experiences, as that would be pretty far fetched, but feelings, anyway.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome to SF i hope you can stay here get to know us and we will help give you support you need until you do get that OK hun hugs
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!
  4. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

Welcome to sf ! i hope you find comfort here ! xx
  5. panoply

panoply Banned Member

There are many lovely transgendered people on this site. I'm sure you'll feel at home here. :hug:
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :)
  7. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

Welcome to the SF
  8. Well I understand your sorrow but I hope you can find some help on here if you seek it out. I am sorry about your family not being opened minded to you right now but hopefully they will accept you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.