Discussion in 'Welcome' started by melancholia, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melancholia

melancholia Member

Hi, everybody.

I had been thinking about registering here for a while and now I had it done! yay me! :biggrin: Anyway, I should probably introduce myself.

When you look at me, you see smiling, joking and shining 18-year-old girl. You see a girl who has the courage to dress her own way and say what she has to say. And most importantly, you see a girl with perfect life; friends, family, money and love. But what you don't see is, that this girl likes to hurt herself when she's feeling really down. They don't see tears because she has none to shed anymore. No one knows she was bullied at school for 7 years.

I recently started a job which I hate. My mum says she's proud of me but she does not know that I was diagnosed with serious depression last year but I refused to get any treatment because I thought I would make it on my own. After a day of work I like to bike to the near bridge and look down. I really want to jump but I can't because I don't want to hurt my parents.

Maybe this is why I registered here. To get some help and share experiences with others. I want to graduate from high school and live my life without feeling like I don't care about anything. I really want to be the real me.

Thank you for listening. It's nice to meet you all! :hamster:
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI hun nice to have you here reaching out for some support. I think if the medication can help decrease your sadness you should try them okay. You can call your gp without your parents knowing even get a prescription for some. Also therapy helps to let go of the pain from being bullied. Hugs to you
  3. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

:Welcome: to the SF :)

4. melancholia

melancholia Member

thank you :) I'm not sure about medication. I have heard that it's very hard to find the right medication. Also my childhood friend's whole personality changed after her medication. I'm thinking about going to therapy but it's hard.. because when I talk about my problems I remember everything and feel worse. Maybe some day.

Thank you! I feel welcomed :mhmm:
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! Feel free to vent your frustrations here, noone sits in judgement here.. There are so many peeps here with all kinds of problems.. I'm sure you will meet friends here who you can talk to privately by PMing..
  6. melancholia

melancholia Member

Thank you, Joseph :) It really seems like this forum is full of wonderful people.
  7. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Hi, welcome to SF. :)
  8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

welcome to the forum hun - hope you find it helpful :hug:
  9. melancholia

melancholia Member

Thank you! I've already gotten so much help just from reading this forum^^

Thank you so much! :sheep2:
  10. blondeellen

blondeellen Well-Known Member

hey *hugs* i know how you feel! im 17 and have similar experience private message me anytime
  11. How I loathe and despise bullies. It takes a tough person to pull back and recover from daily attacks on their self-esteem. I hope you make it. :) I agree with what other people here have said - maybe medication will work for you, no-one needs to know but you if that's how you want it. I'm new here too, welcome to the forum. I hope you get the help you need.
  12. anna327

anna327 New Member

I get you, i do feel the same in a similar way. I'm also 18 and I just graduated from high school. People think I should have every reason to be happy and I give them a great show to believe that. But nobody knows how i feel inside.
    It's really nice to have you here. x
  13. The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven Well-Known Member

:welcome: :hug:
  14. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, i am happy to hear that you took the decision to join in.

We're all here to help you, i can understand your feelings as you got bullied - something for you to think about is the bullies always have their own problems, i am not saying this to accept what they did to you.

I understand that you're not visiting a therapist currently, have you thought about this at all?
  15. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.