Discussion in 'Welcome' started by renee2322, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renee2322

renee2322 New Member

I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia for about a year now. In the last two month I have been feeling extremely suicidal and depressed. I don't have any personal problems. I don't hear any voices are have any hallucinations since I have been taking medication. I am not sure if it is the medication or the sickness that is causing my depression and suicidal thoughts and impulses. I have told my counselor and doctor about it, and my doctor added Zoloft and raised my Lamatical. I also take Geodon. They both told me that it will take a couple of weeks to work. Just hang in there. I am trying, but I still feel suicidal and depressed. Sometime it is so overwhelming and controlling that I have tried to commit suicide, and I have a plan to commit suicide. I am scared,because it is so hard to control. I feel suicidal all the time. I was just wondering if there is anybody else that has schizophrenia feels suicidal and hopeless.
  2. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

Hi Renee,

First welcome at SF :) ,

You will find lots of people here have issues very similar to yours. Hopefully you will find the community supportive and understanding. again, welcome!
  3. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Welcome to SF

I hope you find support and encouragement here.

Please feel free to post so we can get to know you. We are a supportive bunch.

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

A warm welcome to you, Renee! I hope your medication changes will help you. Take care of yourself and stay safe...Alex
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

welcome renee.. like others have said to you, it takes maybe a couple of weeks for medication changes to actually get to where you are going to be with them.. in the meantime, if the urge to end it all becomes overpowering and real darn serious then please reach out quickly to your medical team and get some help.. you take care, Jim
  6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Renee and welcome :hug:
  7. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

It was nice to see you in chat :) .
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Renee, Welcome to the forums..I suffer with skyzophrenia, depression, anxiety, paranoia, And a few more problems..My meds help quite a bit.. What do they have you on for the skyzophrenia??I'm on a high dose of prolixin..I still see things everynow and then but the voices have stopped..I wish you the best..
  9. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forums, i'm here to help you whenever you need help.

Feel free to send me a PM!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.