Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ZasuArt, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

I just posted in the crisis forum, but I suppose I should have introduced myself first.

-You can call me Zasu or Tam.
    - I struggle with severe depression, thoughts of suicide, anxiety and insomnia, and have for as long as I can remember. As I type this, I am at an all time low.
    - I am a 40 year old artist and metalsmith. Business sucks and I'm really struggling for inspiration lately.
    - I married my partner of 12 years this past June. She (and my boys, see below) are truly all I live for.
    - I have 2 adorable, elderly mutt-children who I love more than almost any human being.
    - I am a survivor of childhood physical, mental, emotional and sexual abuse.
    - I am also a survivor of rape and attempted rape in my early 20's.
    - I am recovering addict, roughly 18 years clean.
    - I have been estranged from family for most of my adult life, but no longer "hide" and have spotty contact with most of my immediate family of origin.
    - I've been an insomniac all my life. I almost never sleep more than 3 hours a night, and will often go days without any sleep at all.
    - I hate mirrors, cameras and angry confrontation.
    - I have no tolerance whatsoever for racism, homophobia, sexism and animal cruelty.
    - After years in treatment, I'm pretty good with offering sincere advice, but have a lot of difficulty practicing what I preach.

Glad to meet you all.
  2. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF :),

You seem to have much to live for despite the depression. I do hope we will be able to provide some support and understanding. Again, welcome.
  3. ZasuArt

Thanks Isabel. I really appreciate all the support I can get, and hope I can also help those who share my struggle.
  4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! I hope you find the help you need here. :hug:
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Tam, welcome warmly to suicideforums.. glad to have you here and with us now.

Sir, got a lot in common with your history you have told us about here.. bit spooky but also a bit of I know some of really knowing what you have goen thru and how that is probably still affecting you..

hope to hear more from you in the future.. take care, Jim
  6. ZasuArt

Thanks, Jim and Avarice :)
  7. ZasuArt

I'm female, btw... but I do require all my friends to call me "Sir" (lol...jk) :) I know... a bit confusing. Not many female metalsmiths ;)
  8. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, I hope you find the support you need here.
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi and welcome you to SF hun
  10. ZasuArt

Thanks Dragon & Eclipse :) So far, SF has been such a wonderful little sanctuary from the emotional mess that is my life! So glad I found you!
  11. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums,

If you need any help or just a person to talk to feel free to send me a PM!
  12. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Welcome to sf! If you need anything feel free to PM me! <3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.