Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by CosmikJack, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CosmikJack

CosmikJack Member

Well there is no point in joining a forum and not introducing myself. That would be quite the opposite of what I'm looking for.

Well for starters I've been diagnosed with depression since I was 9, Im 25 now. I recently went through a crisis in my life where i actually attempted my life twice in a 24 hour period. I sought help and went to a crisis prevention center. I went to a rehab for a few months where I was diagnosed with psychosis with no further studies because I had to leave because of a severe skin infection which nearly took my foot. I've been sober now for over 5 months, one day at a time. I cannot talk to other people about my feelings because i feel most people in my life have no perspective of what I'm going through. I feel most at home with people that are like me, so I'm hoping this will be a great place to discuss my thoughts with other people. Thanks for allowing me to join SF and hopefully I can help out just as much with my experiences

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...many of us feel as you do, that only people who have experienced severe depression and such can fully understand...I am sure that you will find the support and caring you are seeking here...welcome again

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI Jack.. welcome to you.. glad you got the 5 month sobriety period under your belt now.. if this is working for you hope you can continue there.. glad to have you here with us.. tc, Jim

4. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Hello,sorry you need to be here but glad you are if your in need of some support.

Welcome

5. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Hello,
    I hope you find what you are looking for here on SF. Welcome to the forum. And if you need anything, feel free to PM me. <3 Take care, Hun.

6. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

Welcome, CosmicJack... You have definitely come to the right place. There is so much that I have shared with my friends in SF that I have been unable to share with anyone else. You are among friends! Sending hugs and friendship...

7. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to SF!

I think you will find caring and support here.

Glad you found us!

:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.