Discussion in 'Welcome' started by maries, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maries

maries Active Member

I found this site a couple of nights ago when I was feeling scared for myself. I came really close to killing myself. I guess what I really need is support, someone to talk to, a place I could turn to when I feel like i'm losing myself. and since lately, suicide just keeps popping into my head like it's the only choice I have, and i just want to be reminded that it isn't. hopefully this site will eventually help me get over thinking of suicide as my only option. It really sucks to feel like this and it really sucked having no one I could phone and say "i'm feeling weak, please help me" to. I survived that night because of this site, and I hope I can continue coming here for help.
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI Maries and welcome to SF's.. do you have a doctor or psychiatrist or counselor at this time?? if this urge to committ suicide is always showing up it probably is time to get some professional help.. also there are links and web addresses and nummbers to call on the crisis lines.. all of the above resources are pros at this and will help you..

this website is full of people who have had similar thouhgts like you now and most of them are still here now.. thank goodness for that. we will always listen to you.. there are not many limits on what you can say on here.. you might open the forums with the rules and guidelines just so you know ahead of teime.. take care, JIm
  3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Not much to add to what Jim said. We're a caring community, trying to help each other. This is a good place to get support and encouragement.
    If the suicidal urges become too great, you can go to a hospital emergency room and tell them (at least in the US)
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, maries. :smile:
  5. maries

maries Active Member

thanks. i have considered going to a psychologist, but i cant afford it and even if i can, i have a hard time talking to people about my problems face to face. i just...i don't know. i guess i feel ashamed talking about my problems to a stranger. i feel more comfortable writing than talking. this is one of my problems that i need to overcome.thankfully, there's a site like this to help me talk about my problems. i just need to talk to someone who'll answer back to me and to not make me feel so alone
  6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Maries. good to hear back from you here. just ask one thing of you is that if you get right up to the edge and going to end it all by suicide to instead call the police and 911.. things can get better even though at the time you may not believe it is so.. know of what i speak;;.

lots of members here been at the same place. they know very welll also.. look around at all the forums and see if any of them ring a bell as the place to say more on here.. also if you download the java language at java.com you can use the chatrooms here... all in your own good time.. is ok and safe here to say sojme of what is in your mind and heart on here.. take care, Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.