hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ufo29, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufo29

ufo29 New Member

Hi everybody,

After dealing with depression for over 10 years I find myself once again ( :rolleyes: ) hitting a low which usually leads me to these forums to seek out others with similar problems.

I'm a 29 year old woman, I've been depressed since my late teens, attempted suicide once, got treatment and therapy and somehow managed to struggle through life. But the depression always catches up with me. Like many people on this forum I wonder if it will ever get better.

My depression is not always noticeable on the outside - this obviously makes it difficult for my family or friends to recognize if things go downhill again. Over the years I've become horribly sarcastic and cynical, which many friends think is funny but they really don't know what's behind this dark humor. ;)

I am a pharmacist working at a hospital - the scary thing is that I have access to pretty much any drug of choice. On a weird level this has actually kept me from attempting suicide in the last few years (knowing it's an option somehow makes me hang on a little longer) but as I said, lately things have been going downhill again.

So I hope by coming here and talking to others I'll get out of the hole again (at least that's what I've learned now at the old ripe age of 29 :p - usually things DO get better after a day or two and i'll get back to my usual, manageable level of depression).

greetings!

(ps I'm not a native speaker - sorry for any mistakes in spelling)

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi ufo29 welcome to SF and yes this is a great place hun to come for support as many here can relate

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi and welcome ufo29.. depression is what i call the great beast quite often.. sneaks in mightily wehn you least want it and hangs around way too darn long often.. which you know way too darn well i am sure..hope you are able to avoid all the drugs which you fill for others in your job. often comes down to making by the minute sometimes..

hope this website and it's members helps you.. take care, Jim

4. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome! Glad you found us.

I believe you will find others who are in similar situations and you can be sure you are not alone.

Your english is perfect by the way, don't worry about that. There are lots of members here whose first language is not english.

:hug:

Keep posting.

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hi there. Welcome to the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.