Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by strawberry gashes, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawberry gashes

strawberry gashes Active Member

Hello,my name is matthew, i am 16 years old and have been thinking of suicide for a long time now. School and my personal life is the biggest contributors to it. My girlfriend dumping me and all my friend moving or fading out of my life and almost all the people i love tryin to kill themselves too. My life is in a rut and has been for about a year now and i don't see myself getting out of it so i think suicide may be my only way out sometimes but don't want to do that because i don't want to hurt the only people i have left in this world:sad:

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Matthew and welcome...I am so glad you have people who care, who you do not want to hurt...I hope you continue to tell us what is going on...is there someone IRL who is a bit older who you can confide in and tell how you are doing? You deserve to feel better and I hope you can find someone to work with you to achieve that...welcome again

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi matthew and welcome to SF.. got lot of stuff that not very good atm.. hope this website gives you some help to talk about it with us... tc,jim

4. lostbutnotfound

lostbutnotfound Well-Known Member

Hi Matthew.. welcome to SF.

I'm glad that you realize that people do love and care for you, and they would be devastated if you were to do anything. I'm so sorry that you are hurting to this extent though. Is there anyone you can talk to about what is going on for you? I know how scary it is when suicide feels like the only option, but please keep on fighting, you're doing really well. I hope you continue to post, and reach out for support here. Many people can relate on some level to what you are going through.

Please take care,
    Lost

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You say your sixteen..going nowhere.. Why not change that.. Join the military You will have a whole band of brothers and you will travel.. See new things.. The girls love men in the military also..You will have to wait until your 17 and get a waiver signed by your parents.. Just don't join the navy..Your at sea like six months at a time..The army or air force is the way to go.. You will have to get your GED to join the Air Force..The Marines are cool and have the best uniforms but they are tough.. Thats what I joined when I turned 18..Live to Travel..Theres a whole world out there..

6. strawberry gashes

strawberry gashes Active Member

Thank you all for the thoughtful words, i do have a few people to talk to about it but they are all fading away my grandfather is dying of cancer,i sister is at a bad point right now with cutting herself too, i'm going to tell her to go here when she gets internet. I did get some good new today that my girlfriend want to get back together soon just not right now :). Stranger1 i have thought of millitary but i don't think its the right thing for me:)

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Matthew, welcome to the forums :)

8. larouxthless

larouxthless New Member

as a military brat I've gotta say, don't always tell people immediately that this is what they should do. The military is the reason for my dad's alcoholism and my brother's bad episodes. If you're already feeling this bad, adding a whole new level of hell isn't going to help everyone. That being said, I'm really glad it helped you out because for some it definitely is the right thing to do, just not for everyone.

9. Bauer

Bauer Member

I agree with larouxthless. The military is not the best option for people who are dealing with problems, I joined the military at a young age and have developed a lot of problems because of it, but mainly combat ptsd.

Welcome to the forum Mathew.

10. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Hi Mathew, Welcome to sf. I hope you find what you are looking for here. And if you ever need anything, feel free to PM me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.