Hello..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ultan, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultan

Ultan New Member

Hello, my name is Seth.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Welcome Seth...when you are comfortable, please tell us how you are doing

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI Seth.. welcome to SF...

4. Ultan

Ultan New Member

I experience severe social phobia.. My hyper-sensitivity is astronomically high. I'm terrified to speak...

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Seth. you got all the time in the world to say it here. little is probably best now.. we will be here to listen when you are able.. tc

6. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Seth.

7. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Dear Seth,

It's okay, some of us tend to take it slow and lurk around the forums a while before gathering the courage to post....and you posted already, which is great! Whenever you are ready to tell us more about you, we will be here to show care and concern. I hope you're having a good day. :)

Alex

8. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Hey Seth, I'm Tanya. I have severe social anxiety as well. Please don't worry about speaking here. Everyone just wants to help.

9. Ultan

Ultan New Member

Thank you guys for your heartfelt understanding. I have a lot of things I need to talk about. I'll say as much as I can to help introduce myself and mention my situation.

I've suffered from GAD all my life, which I manage most of the time the best I can. The hyper-sensitivity I experience is sometimes triggered to such a high degree, that I'll go into a state of mind where I'm no longer thinking straight for a brief time; a great concern is that I don't have a protocol.. or fail-safe for this state of mind yet. When inner pain reaches a certain level, I'll sometimes briefly forget my spiritual perspectives and commitments(regarding not committing suicide), then think of only one thing for about 15 mins or so... a means to quickly end the non-stop extreme struggle. I'll usually.. relatively re-balance myself enough - in time to reconsider the reasons I still hang on. What concerns me the most is that it's happening more and more lately, and triggered with very small things. I'll sometimes fall into a trauma-like reactive state, just from a simple negative mis-understanding with someone. An example would be; I'll be talking with a friend or family member, then I find that the anxiety I put out, makes them adversely react to me in some way. When I see this happen I become devastated. Leaving me with a sudden sense of helplessness--feeling like people.. especially those who don't know me.. will always have this reaction as long as the unchanging anxiety and severe sensitivity persists. Most of the time I feel lucky that my challenges with others are usually limited to just awkwardness, but when a conflicting mis-interpretation or mis-understanding occur's. I'll become so hurt, lost, confused and trapped; that I in some ways feel like there's no other option.

I frequently feel like I don't know where to go for help or what to do. The sense of burdening others is astronomical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.