Discussion in 'Welcome' started by danny87, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny87

danny87 Member

Hi everyone, my name is danny and i have suffered from depression since the age 18. I thought i would come on this site because i have not told any of my friends or family how i feel and i would just like to talk to someone, as i think i need to try something as my depression seems to be getting worse of late and im having thoughts all the time of ending it all. Dont really know what i should be writing here, but oh well.
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI Danny and welcome to SF.. depression ia tough enemy to fight.. what helped me was therapy and some finally found meds by my psychiatrist which both helped me a heck of a lot.. sometimes depression is that your body is lacking certain chemicaLs which help others fight this .. if the urges to end it all are with you all the time , all the more reason to try and get some professional help for yourself.. if money and medical coverage is really the isssue for this, then a local mental health center may do a really reduced rate on a sliding scale..

good to meet you danny.. look around some on here and check out some of the forums and chat usually has some in there also.. tc, Jim
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Danny, welcome to the site. It can be hard to know what to say at first, but I found it easier to open up as time went on. Just go at your own pace and remember that we are here to listen and support you. :hug:
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Danny welcome to SF
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.