Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by diffraction, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diffraction

diffraction Member

Hi, I joined up because I'm feeling absolutely terrible. I suffer from long-term depression because of my face. Specifically, my eyes are different shapes and sizes. And my jaw is kind of puffy because I clench at night. My jaw isn't really that bad, but I think that my eyes look horrible. I know that most people have slight differences between their eyes, but one of my eyes is maybe just over half the size of the other. It makes me really uncomfortable in social situations, especially when talking to someone face to face,as all I can think about is that they're looking at my face and seeing my horrible eyes. I don't have any friends that aren't purely online. Usually I don't feel this bad, but every so often I just completely implode and wish that I wasn't here to experience this. I know that I'll never act out on this because I don't want to put my family through something like that...but it's agonizing not being able to find an outlet for these feelings. It's getting worse as time goes on because I need to finish my degree with better grades than I'm on, and then get a job afterwards.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi diffraction welcome to SF hun

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. I am glad you joined us. :hug:

5. Hi! I did not understand from your post, why do you think the appearance is so important? for friendship, for communion, for love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.