Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TigersMomJ, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigersMomJ

TigersMomJ Active Member

New here. Feels kinda weird to be on this forum but since I don't want to scare my family and sometimes I scare myself I figured I will just talk to other people who get it.

I'm a 32 year old female, married with two kids. Surprisingly I'm mostly optemistic but every year or so I sink down into a really black place. I feel like I was born with an extra helping of darkness that I'm very good at hiding. My husband is the same way actually. Depression runs heavily in both our families and although we are there for each other, I don't want to burden him with worry about me. My oldest daughter (12) is bipolar and dealing with that has gotten me really down lately. So... here I am.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I an glad to hear you do have support at home but I know how difficult it can be when you don't want to worry those you love. Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings here. This is so great place to find support and understanding from those outside your your circle. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. Take care :hug:
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Tigersmom and welcome to SF. I felt strange about joining at first too, because I wasn't sure what to expect. It can be hard to talk about things at first, but it gets easier over time. Sorry to hear about all you're dealing with...it's good that you have your husband and daughter to support you and you can support them in return. But sometimes you need the extra support and you've come to a good place. Take care and I hope to hear more from you soon.
  4. @tigersmomJ,
    Welcome to the forum.. Here is a good place to find the emotional support that you need.. :hug: hope to hear more from you..
  5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi TM - you've come to a good place hun.

I know the feelings you describe all too well. My father ended up bi-polar (they called it something different in those days) and there does seem to be a genetic thing attached to it......

But, journalling does help - this is the way I cope with it now, and it really does help to dispel the gloom. I will PM you some tips.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i know how hard it is to see a child struggle with MI and even harder if you have one I hope you continue to reach out hun people here do understand and don't judge hugs
  7. outofcontrol87

outofcontrol87 New Member

Hi from another new member! I know exactly what you mean about not burdening your loved ones. My mom would probably have a melt down and has my 3 younger siblings to take care of. I feel brave and a teeny bit more positive just joining this forum. I hope you do too because you should!
  8. TigersMomJ

TigersMomJ Active Member

Thanks everybody. You all seem so nice. :) I like having a place to put crazy scary weird darkness that doesn't have a place in my beautiful home. It feels good.

@ urprecious - thanks for the tips.

@ outofcontrol87 - I so get that. I'm extremely protective of my loved ones, so here I'll protect them from... me! :)
  9. Brokengirl123

Brokengirl123 Well-Known Member

Hi welcome to SF, you seem like a great person and don't worry we all get how you feel here, everyone is very understanding. :) See you around. x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.