Hello...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Willow, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willow

Willow Member

Hello! You can call me Willow…

I am not very good at talking about myself, as I am very afraid that people might laugh at me...
    Several days ago I wondered if such a forum exists and so I discovered this place.
    I guess the term that best describes the way I am feeling is dysthymia .
    It has been almost a decade since I felt completely happy, which considering the fact that I am still in my teenage years, it’s a considerable part of my life.
    Most of the time, it is just a numb feeling of sadness, but there are times, like now, when the feelings become more pronounced…

Uhm, it is nice to meet you … ^_^
    Also, please excuse me if I make mistakes, English is not my native language.

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI Willow and welcome.. we will not laugh at you. that is not part of this place.. we listen and try to help.. your english is great and do not worry about that..

3. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

Hi Willow. Welcome, I see you are a Placebo fan, which is always a good thing :)

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Willow. Welcome to SF! :smile:

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Willow, welcome to SF. Don't worry, no one will laugh at you here, we're all friendly and accepting. Your English is fine, so no need to worry about that. :) I hope you can find the help you're looking for here.

6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

*Googling "dysthymia"* - not oogling it :kool:

Cooee, Willow.
    Yes, indeed, such a place exists on-line and now you are part of our growing family, so welcome to the friendliest place on-line!
    You need not have any fears that you will be laughed at here or ridiculed (made fun of) for what you think and feel. We are all in roughly the same boat in that regard.
    You have made it this far through your life without letting your depression get to you too much and you wil have many a year longer with all of us at your back helping through all your needs.

Grab a drink and join me doing the :hamtaro: dance (I do not want to dance alone!)

By the way, what country are you from, if I can ask?

7. Willow

Willow Member

Thank you all for welcoming me in such a warm way. ^_^ It is really nice of you.
    88DEEX : Heh yes, I still need to listen to them more, but I can relate to this song.
    Leif : Sure, you can ask. I am from Romania. ^_^

And also, I won't let you dance alone. :hamster:

8. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Romania sweet as! I love your country and hoping to talk my girlfriend in a going there for our (future) honeymoon. ^^ This could sound weird, but I actually thinking of you being from Romania while I was posting earlier.

It is no fun at all to dance alone :hamtaro:

9. Willow

Willow Member

Aw, how lovely, I hope that you will convince her. ^_^ When do you intend to merry, if you don’t mind telling me?
    Also, what part of the country would you like to visit?
    Oh, heh, that’s a little bit curious. o_o

But I should stop, I always look strange when I'm dancing. :hiding:

10. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Here is hoping, in any case. But will not be marrying for at least one more year, when we have a little bit more of a stable financial situation and have that 'baby talk' :wink:
    Really would like to go and visit as much of the country as possible, but that is almost impossible, just want to focus on the historical and cultural side of the country, what makes Romania what it is today. Sibiu, Targu Mures and lasi. ^^
    Well, it helps that my favourite gymnasts have all been from Romania :D
    I have anyway had a 'vibe' like that.

Keep dancing, if you think it makes you look strange,m try dancing with a flock of ducks :kool:

11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Alton, welcome to SF. Glad to have you here. I'm sure you will make a lot of friends here. :)

12. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Welcome Willow :) A bunch of people here don't have English as their primary language, but yours is superb. I hope to stumble into you in the forums or on chat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.