Hello.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by JoshuaD, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshuaD

JoshuaD New Member

I've never done anything like this really but i'll just introduce myself.

I'm 16 years old, Australian, i've never tried to end it all but over the past few days, i've come very close. I want it to all end but i'm too scared to do it. This is my final option..

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Josh and welcome...I am hopeful you are safe...please contact someone who can help you through this...is there a family doctor, a couselor, or anyone you can speak with...if not, are you in need of medical services, such as Emergency Room, etc...you being safe and taken care of is the most important issue...and yes, there are many people here who can relate to how you are feeling...welcome again

3. JoshuaD

JoshuaD New Member

I haven't talked to anyone at all about how i feel, I just moved back in with my father after 2 years of being "independant" and it's made things worse tenfold. My sister is one i could talk to about these things but she won't understand, she's just a hippy doing her own thing. Is there anyone i can see, free of charge that won't let my dad know i'm seeing them?

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi josh..welcome.. Sure Aussie law is the same as everywhere else.. You at 16 are a minor and dad would have to know about any treatment.. Sorry sir. Very much.. Only exception would be real mistreatment of you by your father..

If you are close to taking your own life, then you need to follow sad eyes advise and really get some professional rite. Now..cops, an emergency room or mental health center..

In the meantimeb you can keep talking yo us here.. TC, jim

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Joshua. Welcome to SF. You'll find online peer-to-peer support here.

In RL, the Australian Kids' Helpline has confidential services, including just for teens. Their teens' page is here: http://www.kidshelpline.com.au/teens/ They might be able to connect you to other ongoing services, as well.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Josh, welcome to SF. You will find help and support here, but it's a good idea to get outside support as well. Hope things will start to improve for you.

7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Well, g'day to you, my fellow Aussie!
    I am glad that you managed to find this site and that you have been able to hang in there despite everything.
    If you ever wish anything, feel free to send me a message any time of the day or night, and you can be guaranteed a reply, not only because I am an Aussie like yourself, but because I have been through a lot of what you are feeling right now.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Josh. I am glad you are seeking support for your thoughts and feelings. You have taken one of the most difficult steps already in sharing with us. I hope you continue to do so. Please do contact the helpline and get yourself on a path for a support system so you do not have to feel alone. So many people, including teens, are plagued by mental illnesses such as depression. It is important to have someone to lean on when the times are tough. Feel free to PM me if you need a listening ear. Other members are willing to listen, too. Peer to peer support is what we are about. Take care and stay safe. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.