Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by adamantined, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamantined

adamantined Member

I'm Nicole, and I am diagnosed with major depression and have attempted to kill myself via pills twice in the past seven months. My family and some friends know, and I am seeing a therapist regularly (about once a week).

Suicide passes through my mind daily, probably hourly if I'm not distracted by something else. I find joy in the gym, at school (surprisingly), or watching videos to make me forget my thoughts. Video games (unless they're really violent/horror-like) don't really do anything for me, which sucks because I've spent a lot of money on the Sims 2 expansion packs.

I fake like everything is OK and my friends frequently tell me that I'm the most enthusiastic and optimistic person they know, but inside I'm exhausted, angry, and bitter. But I can't just not be who everyone knows me as. I've tried it before and I got bombarded with annoying questions like "Why are you so grumpy?", "You're really quiet", etc. I don't want to be that girl anymore.

Anyway, I've registered on here to both help others and see if I can find a way to help myself.

2. adamantined

adamantined Member

Also, if anybody else has Skype, PM me and I'd be glad to give you my username. I will download it on my phone in case you have an emergency and need somebody to talk with.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Nicole, glad to have you with us on SF. Hope you will be able to find the help you're looking for here. This site has been very helpful to me and people are friendly and supportive. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me at anytime.

4. adamantined

adamantined Member

Thank you!

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome to SF here anytime you need support as well hugs

6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.