Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by AimeeRaindrop, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AimeeRaindrop

AimeeRaindrop Active Member

Hi everybody!

I'm Aimee. I used to be a member of this site but that was at least 4 years ago and on a different username. I wanted to start over with a new username, a username more appropriate. So much has happened and changed for me since I was last a member here!

Well, I'm 21. I'm a professional writer; self-published a collection of short stories, which I am currently revising, and now working on a novel. I live in the Forest of Dean with my partner and his parents. We're saving up for our own house but we're in it for the long-haul. We're engaged to be engaged! (It sounds lame, I know, but we've only been together a year and a half right now and we're not planning on rushing it).

I'm currently being treated for bipolar disorder, type 2. I see a psychiatrist and am on Lithium. Apparently I've had bipolar disorder since at least 16 years old but, unfortunately, it was never picked up. Not even by my GP, who diagnosed depression and anxiety initially and treated me with Zoloft. It was only when things started to get a lot worse on Zoloft that the GP sent me to the psychiatrist.

Hmm, there isn't much else I can think of to say! I run a literature group on the website deviantart.com. It's very successful with over 650 members and we have a lot of fun! As you can guess, my passion is literature - not only do I love writing it but I read it. A lot!

Well, hope all you Brits have had a great long weekend! And I'm glad to be back in this community and looking forward to finding my way around again. Thanks!

2. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

Welcome back :). I am also a writer, though not professionally, and writers block has hit me like a brick wall recently. I'm interested in reading some of your work.

3. AimeeRaindrop

AimeeRaindrop Active Member

Thanks! I'm glad to be back. Oh dear - I know how that is =( You can read my work at aimeecottle.wordpress.com if you'd like! Maybe something will inspire you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.