Discussion in 'Welcome' started by curious, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curious

curious New Member

hi i am new here, just trying to see how this works. I do not have instant messaging or anything. I do feel awful in life though!
  2. curious

curious New Member

hi, i have never used a forum before. Also do not have instant messaging or anything. Trying to figure out how to start communicating. I am a bit slow when it comes to all this. I just know i feel very down, and would like to feel less alone.
  3. wienerman

wienerman Guest

well there are a few ways, you can pm someone just click on a persons name to the left of the post, this is like an email but held within the site. they can also be sent from the user cp on the top bar. or you can go into chat which is like a group chat room for the people on the site the number in the []'s is how many people are in there.

welcome and feel free to experiment to get yourself used to things here.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Hello curious and :welcome: to SF. It won't be long until you are familiar with everything here and able to navigate around well. Take care. :hug:
  5. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF!
  6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't have instant messaging either, but I do post a lot here cause everyone here is my friend.:smile: I find a lot of comfort from my friends here and I think you will too - everyone on this forum is very compassionate and giving and understanding. We know from sad experience what it feels like to feel all alone and hopeless.:sad: But you're no longer alone - you have all of us!!:smile: You're not as likely to feel hopeless having such good friends to lean on and draw strength from - that's why we're here: to give help when we have it to give and to ask for it when we don't. I hope to see you around here often. It's a lovely place, and a lifesaver to me.:smile:

sending love and hugs,

7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Hey and welcome to the forum. :)

8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum :)

As Gentlelady and Least have said - it won't take too long before you can navigate around here well :hug: , and the members at this site are very compassionate :)

Take care, hope to see you around the forum!

9. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum

Glad you found us

Take care

Vikki x
  10. BrokenPieces

BrokenPieces Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum...

Love BP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.