Discussion in 'Welcome' started by randy9685, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randy9685

randy9685 New Member

I just think maybe I should talk to some one. I have a lot of thoughts about either doing my self in or dying. I'm afraid to tell any one about it.
  2. randy9685

randy9685 New Member

I don't want to sound like I'm wine ing. I know I should not complain about my life. It not so much about any one thing. just every thing together all the time. I feel so much presser
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome Randy...you are not whining...and that's why we are here...there is not contest when it comes to pain...everyone's is valid, so please tell us what is going on and how we can support you..welcome again
  4. randy9685

randy9685 New Member

am I suposed to tell my doctor so he sends me to some one? I live in mobile al. will my bc/bs insurance pay for it? am I just being selfish and mad cause the world does not go as I think it should? Is there a place where people that feel like I do go here in mobile al? Is the kind of thoughts that I'm having normal and I should just ignor it and go about my buisness?
  5. randy9685

randy9685 New Member

I just want to cry. It's not all the time but more and more often. I'm not happy with my marrige. I've been making the best of it for 12 years now. I know that a part time father would be worse that what I'm going through now. I'm not happy with my job. I love what I do. I am a working nightshift foreman. folks at my work are allway trying to cut my throat. I have to be so careful to do every thing perfect so I do not give them any bullits. I am kind and courtious to everybody up there but half of them just hate me. I can barely keep up with our bills. I work so hard and long hours but the bills keep growing instead of shrinking. I keep telling myself it will get better when I get this or that paid off but here in the last year I got a bunch of medical bills cause my wife and I spent time in the hospital. Now i owe the irs a bunch of money. My kids are that age where they don't want me for anything but to pay for this or that. I can go on and on.
  6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello Randy adn welcome.. yes sounds like first step is to talk to your general practice doc first.. if they think you should need and get some psychiatric help they will refer you to them.. a mental health center can help very much.. a therapist to get it said with and on your side thru all of this.. a psychiatrist if meds and little more detailed help is needed.. this really can help one.. going to take some time and work on your part to get what is needed otu of this..

your doc can help with going thru blue cross, blue shield with what your medical insurance is going to cover.. in the meantime is fine to talk to us here and also can talk about work wiht mental health center professionals .. lot of us have been thru the same and also many still in therapy and such..

is safe to talk on here.. we been there so we do understand some about it all.. you are a member here now and that is only requirement to talk adn use this website.. take care and hope to hear more from you.. Jim
  7. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

A part time father who is refreshed, and a bit happier, wouldn't be worse than the situation you have described. My dad walked out on my mum when I was 12, they had been married 19 years at that point, so even at that young age, it was better that he was happier away and only little visits than sitting listening to arguments day in and day out.

Now I am 27 and have a son of my own that I haven't seen in 5.5 years, I regret making a decision that I thought was best for him. And I don't want to wish that on anyone, because it does eat away at me a fair bit.

Now for a startling statement - I prefer honesty, so I hope you don't receive this badly. Whether planned or unplanned, you are a father, and have a duty of care for the child(ren) that you have, and they would be the ones to miss out. They are your number one priority, but rightup there close behind is making sure you look for ways to conquer your demons.

This site gave me a few people I could talk to, both on and offline, and that's helped me. Hopefully we can support you in the same way :hug:
    Peace out, transatlantic style (im in the u.k myself),

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.