Hello.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Blue Eyed Red, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Eyed Red

Blue Eyed Red New Member

Although I haven't the nerve to write much at the moment, I suppose a post in the 'Welcome' is necessary. I really don't know what is important other than my constant thoughts on suicide. Perhaps some of you are beyond this stage that we are unlukily cast into, but I am not. Over the past five years or so suicide has been the overarching theme in my mind. For the last three months I thought that was over, but alas it was not. I fear that constant exposure was desensitising, and that the last quarter has weakened my tolerance. I now hold the seemingly realistic belief that when my life does end, it will be at the mercy of my own hand. I don't intend to be grim about it, but there isn't any other way to put it. I just feel that whilst the amount of thought focused on suicide may remain static, my willpower must certainly weaken eventually.

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Blue Eyed, welcome to SF...... I understand that downward pull, certainly.......but I also know that it can be overcome. You may want to deny or refute this, because of the strength of it - but nevertheless, I promise you that it CAN be overcome and turned around into a positive and not a destructive force.

I am living proof that it can, hun. You may be asking the "How?" question - which is all good. Of course..... we have to have answers to the "How's"........... I understand we get to a place where we are aware we don't have it within us to do the turning, but that doesn't mean it cannot happen, honey :)

The bottom line is an honest answer to the empowering question to start becoming more aware of the dynamics involved. The question might sound strange or silly, but no matter........we have to build our reality on a sure foundation. It is - "Do I really want to go this route downwards towards self-inflicted death, or do I not?" Only you can answer the question honey....... and there are many caring and listening souls on SF who can support and encourage you with insight if you decide that what you really want is to turn it around :)

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I have most certainly been where you are and know those thoughts and feeling well. Many of us have, or currently still are, so feel free to join right in. Do you have any kind of support system to help you through? Feel free to share whatever you are comfortable with here. Knowing you are not alone can be a big help Take care and stay safe. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.