Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Dave90, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave90

Dave90 New Member

Hey. My name is David and I'm 22 years old. I'm feeling extremely depressed lately. Suicide has crossed my mind many times, but I only live life once, so I want to do whatever it takes to experience true happiness before it's over.

I've tried medication and therapy, but neither of them help solve the reasons I'm depressed. - I haven't been able to find a job in 4 years of constant searching. Bullied since before elementary school, up through high school. I have no friends outside of the internet, and even then I rarely get the social interaction I need.

I decided to post here, hoping to find like-minded people who can offer me support, and I can to them. I don't know what else to say here, but I thought that's an okay introduction. I want to vent, but I thought It'd be more appropriate to save it for the "let it all out..." forum section.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Dave90 nice to meet you no bullying here hun just kind people hugs to you

3. tness

tness Well-Known Member

Welcome Dave.

Like total eclipse said, there is only nice people here.

Depression is hard to struggle with, I know. But it will be better.

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF!

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Dave and a warm welcome to you now.. We don't bite or bully anyone on here.. Thank you for telling about yourself here..that is good and step towards getting some friends here..

Sorry meds and therapy has not worked for you yet..we do neither here..just try to be there for each other best we can manage..hope to hear from you again.. Check out some of the other forums here and see what hits a chord or two in you..take care Dave,,later, Jim

6. vixies77

vixies77 Member

That's a good way to look at it. I myself find it a struggle each day to find reasons to stay alive, but even the fact that I'm looking has to mean something right? And I guess that's a good way to think..if you don't try to find happiness in your one shot at life, you don't really have any shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.