Help, any info appreciated

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Teerak, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teerak

Teerak Member

What do I do when all the meds i have tried do not work. I was happy and no depression anxiety for 44 years. Great job, money life. Then i got hit with it and had to quit my job, cant work, zero energy sleeping all day and am so scared I am going to lose my home. I feel like I have let my wife down, my kids..everyone. Ive been to some therapy and tried many AD's. Its been 7 years now. I cant take any SSRI's as they make me more suicidal. I am at my ropes and and just joined. Soooo tired. Thanks
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Teerak there are other meds that are not SSRI That help depression they are dopamine based or other meds that have mulit usages that help depression as well seriqual is one of them in small dosages Talk to your doctor ok try different medication You were happy once with no depression you can be again keep talking to us ok it help to not be alone in the struggle to get well again. Depression is treatable hun sometimes it takes awhile though to find the right combination of meds and therapy to help
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I can relate to what you're going through. Although I've had anxiety and depression most of my life, I've been medicated for 7 years now and I was starting to get better...but now that I'm more active, my anxiety is more intense and I don't feel as good as I should...

getting meds and therapy is the first step...keep it up because it does help...I would suggest trying one thing at a a course or work minimum of hrs per week to start have to start small but be consistent, meaning whether you feel good or not, do it...

I have social phobias to top it all off so I stayed isolated for the longest time...but my mom pushed me to go out, even when I didn't want to...we went to the movies once a month for almost a year....and that really helped...even when you think it's not, it is...

I'm sorry I don't have any other kind of advice...but I hope these helped a bit...let us know how you're doing :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.