Help as fast as you can!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hurted, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Good friend of mine wants to do suicide. She is 16, like me...
    I know her for 1,5 year and she wants to do it few times before but she never sound so real as today... i talk to her and tell her all reasons why not do it but i doubt it helped... I fucked up at the end because i start crying and i sayed that i want to die too...

Ps: Just one more thing about me... I took 2 10mg cipralex today and i am willing to drink alcohol later... can it be dangerous? I know i shouldnt do it but i cant take it anymore... I already feel like im druged and my heart beats extremly fast...

thanks for help... its beatifull if someone offer you help, even if its online

2. angeliamarie12

angeliamarie12 Active Member

Hello there...... How old are u..... sometime the way you feel this way is the enviroment that you live in.... I am here if you wanna talk if u want it to be private just tell me and I will e-mail you..... Please I am here to help and have been thru alot in life and am willing to help

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hey, i don't know the drug you are on, and what the correct dosage is, but if they say don't drink, best not to risk it. if it's like most other drugs, it can intensify the effect, as well as side-effects, so if it makes you sleepy, you will be sleepier, etc.

why do you want to drink? to take the edge off? why not try something else ... punching the bed, a wall, whatever, something, sleeping for a bit if you can, popping into the chat room to vent... i dunno, others will have ideas

now for your friend. you can only be there to listen, to share, to help. you can't make the decisions for her, nor can she make your decisions. you share many things with her, that's why you've been friends for so long.

i think taking care of your own health has to be your first priority. you are supporting her. who is supporting you? there are many resources out there... is there anyone you can reach out to?

catherine

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, there!

First, it's always a BAD idea to mix drugs and alcohol. Please don't do it!

Is your friend alone? Is she online or can you phone her or even go to her? If you can go to her, you can assess first hand if she's already over the edge and your being there might stop her if she hasn't done anything yet.

If by phone or online, try to find out if she's got a plan, time and stuff to do it? If YES to those questions, HAS SHE ALREADY DONE SOMETHING to hurt herself? IF YES, CALL 911 or 999 - your local emergency services / paramedics, tell them what's happened and give them her address.

If she's at the "thinking about it stage", ask her not to, ask her to postpone for a while, to reconsider, to wait until you've had another time to see each other...Urge her to call the crisis line/center. If she's really badly off and teetering on the edge, get her to the hospital. No matter what, when the crisis is over, ask her to please seek some help.

I hope all goes well. Please stay safe yourself. Post again when you can/if you want to.

:hug::hug:

A.

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

first about me... i dont want to do suicide, i just want drink to forget everything... i feel like a robot after 2 pills, i dont have emotions no more... when she told me about her suicidal thinking i even wasnt hurted...

About her...

She said that she wants to do it tommorow... today we will go out because she wants to see few persons and "kill" one (hope that she didnt mean that too serious)... I think that she will drink and take pills (she has <Mod Edit: methods>, which are very strong and cant be taken more than 2 daily even in worst cases... after that she wants to <Mod Edit: methods> and...

:sad:

and thanks for help :arms:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2008
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Please do not combine alcohol with medication.It can produce serious side effects and can even be fatal. Also, I think it would be a good idea to introduce your friend to Suicide Forum! :hug:

7. angeliamarie12

Ya introduce her to this fourm... That is a Great idea/.....:biggrin:

8. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

i doubt that she would want to become a member...:sad:
    But i will ask her...

9. angeliamarie12

some people are affriad to try new things.... Tell her it may help and to at least give it a try..... SOmetimes good things happen to those who wait...... Tell her that there are many people that care here... and that will help....:biggrin:

10. sophie5121

sophie5121 Well-Known Member

11. angeliamarie12

I mean thats what i dont get people pay money to see a shrink when they can just come here and actually tallk to people that have been thru the same problems........:unsure:

12. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

well but its not the same... but it helps:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.