help coping with a psychopath

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by abusedndamaged, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abusedndamaged

abusedndamaged Account Closed

thats forcicng you to feel suicidal?
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

That is not a lot to go on for providing advice.
    Get out of the situation, remove yourself from harms way, contact the appropriate professionals and/or authorities?
  3. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Like an actual psychopath with antisocial personality disorder?
  4. Struggler_

Struggler_ Active Member

Heh, I'm probably not a good example to go off of, but I had an ex who was being harassed by a guy she saw while we were split up that was telling her to kill herself and shit like that. She's got severe issues with depression as well, so his words had an effect on her. What I chose to do was smash his car window with a baseball bat. Probably not the best decision, lol.

Simplest advice: why bother listening to them? When it comes to something like self-worth and suicide, your own thoughts are the most important. Don't let some asshole make you feel bad enough to contemplate such a permanent action. Easy to say but hard to do: rise above it. Don't listen to them. They're just trying to hurt you. Think of them as nothing more than an angry little kid calling you names. How would you react to a 5 year old calling you names and saying those things to you? You probably wouldn't care, right? Try to think of it like that.

When someone is actively trying to hurt you, their words are all that much weaker. They use whatever they can to hurt you, even if it's something false or stupid. Don't let things like that get to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.