Help Finding Programs to Help me back to work. I am mentally Ill but high function

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by dax, Mar 20, 2015.

1. dax

dax Well-Known Member

Well I'm in California usa and need to salvage my life. I suffer from depression and schizophrenia, but those symptoms have been under control for 7 years now. I've only been having problems with side effects of medication. I have no clue what is out there for me as far as help goes. Does anyone have a clue? My main problem is that most of my work skills is in physical labor, I can no longer do this cause of an injury sustained in a 4 car accident. I would really like a shot at working once again and having a life or there is no point being here on this earth.

2. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Re: Help Finding Programs to Help me back to work. I am mentally Ill but high functi

You might try California 211. Here is their website: http://www.211california.org/ I've gotten some good info from calling Maryland 211 before. Also they were good listeners. Anyway, they might be able to tell you more about retraining programs.

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. Hard enough dealing with mental illness without losing your means of work. I really hope everything works out for you.