Help for a friend (responses may trigger)

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Samsara, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

I have friend, this angel of a girl.

She was raped. I don't know any details, she was in too much anquish to tell about it. I know I can't "heal" her, but I want to help her any way I can because I love her. The only thing I can offer is love, and I give it freely, to anyone, but especially her.

I know this could be a lot to ask, but if any of you have any pointers I would appreciate them.

She blames herself for being raped, so she seeks more abuse. She knows it but can't stop. She is in an emotionaly abusive relationship, and won't leave because the pain...validates her. She says it makes her feel like she belongs. She also loves me and knows I love her, but she ignores it against her will because she believes she doesn't deserve love.

I don't know what to do or how I should do it. I just want to bring her some true love so she can learn how to love.

You are all loved <3:cuddle:

2. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

Wow.
    I don't have any wisdom to offer. Seems like you're on the right track. She needs a friend, not a sex partner - looks like you're it. Just keep telling her she's real, and a person. Maybe something for her to read? Ayn Rand, perhaps... Something to validate the idea that she has an identity that is worthwhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.