Help for a friend

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HungarianPB, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HungarianPB

HungarianPB New Member

im not sure if this is in the right topic area, but i need some advice

So my friend, let's call her Jane, has been extremely depressed for the past 3 months. 1.5 months ago, she broke up with me, but we remained literally best friends.

Anyway, i don't think why she's depressed is important, so here's the real story

Jane is currently vacationing in New Jersey with her best friend, but has only seen me once in the past 3 weeks due to an ROTC boot camp, and has only talked to me on the phone twice.

She called me yesterday while i was playing poker at a friends house, my friends got aggravated at me talking so within 20 seconds, they started chanting "hang it up", extremely loudly. She hangs up on me, so, knowing she has cut herself in the past over not being able to talk to me about what is wrong, i sprint outside and call her back.

She picks up and starts yelling about how i promised to be there for her and that i wasn't tonight and that as long as i'm with my friends, she doesn't want to talk to me. She then proceeds to tell me that I'll be lucky if she comes home from New Jersey alive.

So, i call her an hour later to make sure nothing is wrong, and she is still mad, and says that as long as I'm with my friends, she doesn't want to talk to me again, so i say 'll call her when i get home.

When i get home, she doesn't answer her phone or texts. At this point, knowing she truly is suicidal and self-mutilating, I'm going insane. Finally after calling 7 times and sending 6 texts she sends me a text saying "I'm three steare just let me plss i'll talk to you tomorrow"

I have no idea what three steare means so thats a sub question.

Should i call her parents because she just told me she is thinking about suicide? I really don't care whether she hates me for the rest of my life, i love her and wouldn't be able to deal with her doing anything more to herself.
  2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

May i ask how old 'Jane' is? Friendship is extremely important when dealing with people who feel they have nothing to live for. Maybe you can try convince her to get some help? offer to go the doctors with her? convince her to put on some anti depressants that will help her through this terrible time. I can't sit here and tell you what to do regarding your decisions and someone else life, i really wish i could hun but in my opinion this decision is your to make not mine or anyone elses. Do what YOU feel is right. I think you should support her like you are doing know and try get her some proper help.

Sorry for not being much help.

Hope it all works out and that shes safe.

Take care,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.