help for friend!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bridget5772, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bridget5772

bridget5772 New Member

Not sure what to do...I have a friend who lives in Virginia, I live in Kentucky. The last 2 days have been horrible because he has been threatening suicide....His Dad committed suicide 11 years ago....I want to talk to him....but its keeping me upset....and Im scared to death Im going to say the wrong thing....Not sure of his address or I would have already called someone, not sure if that would even do any good.....just need some direction....Any and all help would be greatly appreciated....I dont know how much more of this I can deal with because I have issues of my own...Please help?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and how wonderful to have a friend like you...the first thing you must remember is that you are not responsible for anyone else...talking about how one is feeling is always better than not and whatever is said, as long as it is caring, would never be construed as making someone worse...we make ourselves worse and better...your friend needs professional help AND a caring person...talk from your heart and let him know he is cared for...please PM me if I can help further...big hugs, J

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Do you think he'd be willing to see a professional, or even join a site like this so that he has other people to talk to?

The most you can do is let him know you care about him and encourage him to get help. But you have to look out for yourself too. And sometimes that's the hardest part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.