Help! Freind!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anonymous123, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous123

anonymous123 New Member

She told me she was going to kill herself in twelve days. SHe said she had been raped by her 23 yo bf at 13. She told me her parents hit her, and i know shes slipping badly at school. I trust her to tell the truth here. I'm only 16 - i dont know what to do or say HELP!
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Ask here to join us and tell her she does not have to be alone...suggest professional follow up as well...if you would like, have her register and PM me...big hugs, J
  3. anonymous123

anonymous123 New Member

Thankyou. She is very badly upset. I dont know what i'm doing.
  4. anonymous123

anonymous123 New Member

She really doesnt want to. I dont want to push the thing - i dont wanna scare her away or anything. What should I say?
  5. dsheen

dsheen New Member

comfort her, the best thing you can do is provide her insight and never ending support.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think you should encourage her to go to the nearest rape crisis centre, I don't know what country you are in but if you say, we'll try and find the nearest.
    Just let her know that you're there for her and will continue to be :hug:
  7. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Hello, tell her to come here, many people can talk to her an give her ways to help her. Hold on. I'll think of you both.
  8. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Can you ask her to go with her in a center for teens? To see a doc?
  9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well you're doing the right thing already. You're being a true friend and trying to find ways to help her. I'm glad she has you in her corner!!!!

Like the others have said, see if you can encourage her to join here. There are so many members that will understand what she is going through. So many that can offer advice and support. Maybe you could get her to come over and log in here with her to show her just how many others are here to help. Let her see how anonomous she will be when she posts. That she doesnt have to fear sharing things here because she isnt going to be "reported" for doing so. That she isnt alone in what is happening. That she can have a place to talk about what is happening. And with you being there you'll see what others have to offer and be able to support her with the advice and to act on it.

She definitely needs a good friend like you right now. Let her know that you care and want to help her. Let her know that you aren't going to let her down because right now I'm sure she feels like everyone important to her is doing just that.

If you cant convince her to join here, then maybe look up the phone numbers of local crisis lines in your area. Like rape, abuse or suicide help lines. If she refuses to call then make the call yourself. Tell them exactly what you have here, that you are desperately trying to help a friend that has confined that she is suicidal. Hun you or she has to find some resources, some places that can help. Right now, she cant see or understand that there is help out there for her. If you get the information and share it with her, it might help her to see that her situation is not hopeless.

But if she seems to be getting more desperate or you think she is going to act on her suicidal plans then please dont hesitate to call 911 to get her immediate help. It may feel like you're betraying her, but you will be saving her. She may of confided in you as a way to say she wants help.

And keep posting here for yourself. Helping someone through the pain she is feeling can be very draining for you. So keep posting here and let others help you help her and to support and help you through this too. Good luck!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
  10. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

just be with her...let her feel your present...let her know that you are here for her
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.