Help from spiritual beliefs?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Socks, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socks

Socks Member

Just wondering here. Has anyone delayed or changed plans about ending life due to spiritual beliefs, religious reasons; Biblical or otherwise?

If so, could you share? Sometimes this is the only thing that keeps me here, even tho I so desperately want to go.

I hope this isn't too personal, and thank you in advance.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I follow Native American beleifs and beleive in the spirit world..I have changed my plans about suicide because of my beleifs.. That doesn't mean that they have gone away.. I still think of suicide on a daily basis but have decided it would take something major to have me act on them..
  3. Socks

Socks Member

Thank you for that. The feelings and thoughts of it never go away for me. Some days they collapse me under their weight. But I can't resolve leaving with my Biblical beliefs.
    Again thanks.

4. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

Although, I have been close to suicide. My beliefs are philisophical, not Christian based. I believe that there's always something to live for. That one can find some inner meaning or to help another. Even if it's a small reason.
  5. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

Im a Buddhist, well trying to be, and I try to keep reminding myself that to be born as a human is a rare thing, yes theres 6 billion of us but theres also 250 million insects to each person and some of them only live for 24 hours then theres all other sentient beings so when you look at it like that then we are rare.

I look at the lotus flower for some inspiration, it grows in muddy waters but still ends up a beautiful flower. I keep saying to myself with all the crap around me there is still the chance I might be able to get my head above the water.
  6. Socks

Socks Member

Thank you. The lotus analogy is a good one.

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am a Christian and have deep founded believes in the afterlife. I have even done some research into NDE's. It is one of the reasons I am still sticking around too.
  8. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'd like to be able to believe in religion of some sort but I can't. None of them make a bit of sense to me.
  9. Harvester of sorrow

Harvester of sorrow New Member

Yes, that's one of the biggest reasons I still am alive. It still was quite close a few times in the past. I don't even much believe in anything anymore, but there's always the fear of "what if". Can't get rid of it. Don't really want to die either, yet I mostly feel there is nothing for me in life.
  10. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'm definitely here because of God. The key is having a personal relationship with God. The give and take of a relationship that is accomplished by praying daily and reading the Bible daily. It's so worth it.

The Sermon on the Mount is very powerful; words spoken by Jesus. This sermon is in the book of Matthew chapters 5,6 & 7.
  11. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I don't have religious beliefs. I'm spiritual, but not in a way that prevents suicide. But hope that we are here for something, and hope to improve things, that it's now or never, has beeen keeping me down here more than once.
  12. Socks

Socks Member

I've not had my coffee as yet, so maybe my brain just isn't quite working, but what is NDE?

Thanks in advance,
  13. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

Near Death Experiences m8
  14. Socks

Socks Member

Chargette, hello...

I also read the Bible daily, and it is a tremendous help. It doesn't remove the dark thoughts, but it at least keeps me here. So far.

15. Socks

Socks Member

Ah. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.