Help Guys.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jano, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jano

Jano Member

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum. I don't think I see myself as being suicidal. But Lately I just feel like committing suicide. I need your help guys. Me and my girlfriend of 3 years are on a break since the 23rd of May. I'm 18 and so is she. I can't take this feeling. It's breaking me down. I really don't want to lose her... She's my world. My happiness..

I'm a religious person(Catholic). I come from a very loving and happy family. I'm the youngest of 3 siblings. We all are pretty close.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi, and welcome to SF.

sorry you are feeling so low. a break or even break up can be hard, at any age. the fact that you are thinking of suicide is an important warning sign. is there anyone, other than us of course, that you can talk to about how desperate you are feeling?

3. Jano

Jano Member

The only person I would talk to is my older sister. She's out of town. My parents or bro I wouldn't dare bring it up..

Thanks,
    Jan

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

can you hang on until she comes back? i ask because it can make such a difference to have someone close to you to help you out when you are feeling so low. a good friend or family member can make such a difference. did you find the chat room, here? it can be a great place to find immediate support, or to pass the time when you are tempted by those thoughts.

5. Jano

Jano Member

I'll do my best. At times I'm fine but sometimes I'm just tempted of attempting suicide... :sad:

Thanks for your support Dazzle.

6. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Like you, I get tired of being depressed and suicidal. It wears you down. On top of that, you're missing your gf. On top of that, you can only talk with your sister about how you feel. That's a big load all at once.

You said that your family is very close. I've always said the same about mine, but talking about important things weren't a part of the closeness. Interesting that we see ourselves close to people with whom we can't talk openly.

But you do have a sister who listens and cares. That's a great asset. I'm wondering if there's a priest you could talk to openly. He could be another resource for you.

Know that you have our support and prayers in this forum.

Jim

7. Jano

Jano Member

Thanks for the support Jim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.