help help

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by morning rush, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

omg I'm trying to do this assignment for an online class and I suck...I really suck. I'm trying to make a damn cv, and idk...everything I write feels like crap...

I wanted to ask, can I say My job consisted of (then describing the tasks I had to perform)?

or consisted is not a good word to use?

you know what's even more shameful, is that I don't have much work experience :(...and I'm just being basic 'cause I'm not witty at all...oh man...this sucks....I really don't want o fail...

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Morning Rush. Good for you for taking the online course! :)

I Googled to find some examples of CVs. Take a look at the samples in the link below, and see how they have done the skills/employment/job responsibilities sections. (It might vary depending on how your CV is focused - on education, previous jobs, specific skills you have.)

Here's the link: http://www.cvtips.com/resumes-and-cvs/cv-example.html I hope it's helpful.

PS: Almost everyone struggles to get their CV or résumé just right. I'm sure you don't suck at doing one more than the rest of us. Take it slowly, think about what you want it to say about what YOU can offer to a prospective employer. Best of luck!

3. morning rush

well it's not for employers more for a peer assessed assignment...

you didn't answer my question on the word consisted...was it appropriate there? because english is my second language so I'm not sure...

4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Hi -

You could use consisted. But I would prefer a different word like entailed, involved, comprised... Perhaps instead of phrasing it like that - you could state "key responsibilities" and then do your list?

5. morning rush

Oh I like that, key of responsibilities...:) thanks...

I also have to write a brief statement on how I am using the course to get positive social impressions on others...but I plan to write that I haven't used it yet but will as my life progresses...anyways...thanks again :)

6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Hey - you wouldn't state "key of responsibilities" but "key responsibilities". You'll do just fine :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.