Help: how do you let a crush go away?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Aphorism, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Aphorism

Aphorism Well-Known Member

I really like this girl. We have become close friends in the past year, since we met. She is beautiful, lovely, intelligent, and sometimes she says things to me that make me melt. And I think she probably only has an inkling that I'm even bisexual, though I've "come out" to other friends that are mutual friends of hers. It's also not that I'm hiding anything from her, but that she never quite asks, and I leave my sexual orientation fairly ambiguous to most people. (I identify as pansexual most accurately.) But overall, I'm afraid of falling any harder for her. She's straight.

I don't know. We're close good friends now, and I'm afraid of the same thing happening with this other girl...she stopped being my friend once I confessed and I don't want that to happen this time. I know I should try to stop liking her, but I guess my best thought on that is to talk to her less. But I don't want her to sense there's anything wrong.

Any advice? Sigh.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just stay friend then hun in time if it is meant to be the friendship will grow hun and it will take a path of its own Stay friends ok enjoy each others company hugs
  3. Aphorism

Aphorism Well-Known Member

Thanks for your support. :)