help i can't seem to be able to get my messages out!!!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Stranger1, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I Have Tried To Post.and I Have Tried To Start A New Thread. I Don't Seem To Be Having Much Luck At Either One!!!! I AM HAVING TROUBLE TRYING TO GET HTIS MESSAGE OUT.

2. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i so know what you mean, i am the same.
    Just take it slow. you are under no pressure.
    Things just need to come out. dont ponder over the order, just type, and see what comes out

3. Firstly, welcome to the forum Stranger1

I'm not certain if you're asking for technical help or if you're frustrated because you can't seem to be able to express yourself (or both). But apparently you HAVE been able to do the first...but I'll add this just incase...

To make a post (your own thread), go the the section you wish to post in (for instance "crisis"). At the top left side above the other posts, will be the option to create a "New Thread" - click on that, enter your title, and then proceed to write your message. Then press "Submit" below what you've written. (you may also "Edit" it if you wish to change or add something - for up to an hour. The option is also at the bottom right of you message)

To view PM's (given you are logged in), you may either click on the prompts that appear on your screen when you are notified that you have a new one (which is an option, I believe, in your settings)...OR you can simply go to the top of your screen on the right where it says " Welcome - private messages" and click on it to go directly to your inbox. Simply click on the new message that appears there to read it - and you may reply to it, by clicking on the option below the message, on the right side...

* You may also send your own message, when in PM's, by clicking on "Send New Message" on the left side of the page - enter recipients username (as soon as you begin to spell it - the name will likely appear - which you can click on to automatically enter it). Again, enter a title, write your message, and then click "Send" below on the right side...

And if you're also having trouble expressing yourself, obviously you can take your time!...Or you can write it out ahead of time in Word or Notepad or such, and then copy & paste it into your message. In any case, you also have to option to see a PREVIEW of it by clicking on PREVIEW POST, below your message, before you hit SUBMIT. This way you can edit if you wish, and again, you can EDIT for an hour after you have posted.

I hope this helps!

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Thank you for your help. I'll try again.

5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

You just made a new thread here, so you're doing something right! :) :hug:

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i have pm'd you stranger:smile:

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I hope you are feeling better about things. Take care an I'll look for you around the forum. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.