Help, I'm having attacks!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jessiejane, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessiejane

jessiejane Member

I'm having attacks and I don't know what they are. I suddenly shake and I can't breathe and I clench my fists and I feel like my head is cloudy and I just want to bang my head on the wall or punch someone or something and scream but I can't. I've been having them for years, then it mellowed and now it's back and it's more often. Please help

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That sounds like panic attacks....well I get them occasionally and I would describe them as feeling like a heart attack, or nervous breakdown or asthma attack, or all 3 at the same time. Not sure if it's in any way similar to what happens to you though. Does anything trigger these attacks? Usually mine are triggered by extreme stress...if you can pinpoint the trigger, you might be able to control it in a way.

3. jessiejane

jessiejane Member

When i remember really ugly situations or when I'm watching something that triggers some sort of rush or excitement in me. Like the TV show Hannibal.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, sometimes I can remember bad things and it will set me off. It's not easy to control what you think about, so do you have anything that can distract you? Hobbies or anything like that?

5. jessiejane

jessiejane Member

I like to sleep. I mean I work and stuff but mostly I like to sleep. I do things until I'm exhausted because I can't sleep well too

6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

you might have anxiety too...if you don't sleep well, then that takes a toll on your body and so you'll be more prone to panic attacks...

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think you should also speak to your doctor...I can think of several medical conditions which would cause this, so it is better to clear yourself medically before ascribing it to anything else

8. fallenangel

fallenangel Member

yes jessiejane, i agree with sadeyes that you should speak to your doctor regarding these bouts of attack...
    there should be some muscle relaxants or medication which might help you manage these attacks... and along side with it, try and seek some counseling or even cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) which might help you deal with the situation medically...

it can be dangerous if things goes out of control and you hurt yourself unknowingly in the midst of such attacks...
    please do take care of yourself

9. jessiejane

jessiejane Member

hi everyone! yes will definitely do that. ive been dealing with this for years. and lately the attacks are controllable. i try not to deal with anything that will increase emotions of any kind. also when i remember or hear things im dont like. or when im too excited. ive physically fought myself from taking the knife and cutting myself. i don't think im good being alone

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, definitely sounds like panic attacks and I can tell as I am a fellow sufferer of them. Get yourself to a doctor, there are many types of medications which can help stop or at least ease the intensity of the attacks. Therapy can help too :) Best of luck :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.