Help making myself eat

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by CCK, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCK

CCK Well-Known Member

I don't have an image issue when it comes to weight. I'm underweight and I know it. Though I've gotten so down lately that for the last week or so I've only been eating because I should be eating, I feel hungry but the thought of eating is just gross, I feel like I'm about to gag whenever I'm eating. Kind of like how it feels when you're eating when you're already full but I feel hungry as hell... You guys know any methods to get some food in my system like... now...

2. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

eat your most favourite food?....something that u really like......mcdonalds? :D

3. CCK

CCK Well-Known Member

I've tried eating pizza but I just don't want to...

I forced myself to chug a mix of peanut butter and milk for a good thousand calories so I guess I'm alright until tomorrow anyway.

4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Have you tried eating small regular meals?

Things like a sandwich, jacket potato, soup or some pasta?

That may be better for you rather than trying to eat a big meal.

I don't think the peanut butter & milk combo is all that good, even if you did do it for the calories. It sounds rather disgusting actually (sorry) & would probably leave you feeling quite full & bloated.

It's also very common for people to lose their appetite when feeling low, so maybe if you figure out what's making you feel so bad & work on that your appetite may start to come back?

:hug:

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Start with some soft things that are high in calories. It doesn't sound like you're going to want to eat high calorie meals of heavy foods.

So, I suggest...just to get going and get some calories in you, soft fruit like banannas, or small like grapes, soft peaches, etc...they have a good amount of calories. That's just one meal....Or yogurt with fruit (not low-fat).

Then, something easy to get down like a chocolate, or vanilla if you prefer...Malted milk shake, or just a shake....

Then, some soft vegies, like peas or corn...just to balance it out a little. Or some kind of vegetable soup.

Balanced, soft and what you like, if you don't like veggies, take more of the others and take a vitamin supplement. Also, you could throw some yogurt with fruit in there, a couple of em, (not the low fat ones) the regular ones.

***This is the kind of thing that I gave me mom to eat after a long hospital stay...she just didn't want to eat heavy foods. I told the doctors what I was giving her and they said fine, but not for more than a week or so.

Don't do this for more than a few days, this is just to get some calories in you easily.

THen, slowly work up to regular well balanced meals and diet! You can find plenty on-line, including low cal, medium...you know, based on your weight and height. It will tell you how many calories you should have.

6. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

CCK,
    You need to eat. I'm so sad that you are not eating. You not eating is adding to all the stress that you already have. Maybe if you get past this, you can get past anything else.

You know I'm here for you. :hugtackles:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.