help!! maybe infected wound

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Kinetic, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinetic

Kinetic Well-Known Member

i cut my wrist but the healing isnt supposed to be like it should be
    i think it might be infected cause its really red in the area, but i dont udnerstand i put immieaditly after the cut betadine so it should've prevented any type of infection

i dont know what to do i cant let my parents find out so what should i put so that the infection is treated

btw it turned red a few minutes aafter the cut :S

please please please help me im freaking out right now
  2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

When did you cut? The redness around the area may not be anything to be concerned about if the cut is very recent, but I guess it depends on the extent etc. Give it a good wash and cover it up to prevent it getting worse and keep an eye on it.
  3. Kinetic

a few hours ago, its just that it never happened to me this redness thing before thats why i'm so worried, and its also warm in the area
    I have washed it several times with warm water and soap, I really don'tknow what else to do :confused:
  4. neutral

neutral Well-Known Member

Its normal for a cut to feel warm for a while as your body starts the healing process. Its sending white blood cells to the area to mop up any dirt.

As long as your cut is not bleeding, its not too deep and its clean it should start to heal without any trouble. A plaster / bandage will help keep any dirt out.

It depends on bad the cut is.
  5. Kinetic

well i did a lot of cuts in the same area but they arent very deep
    so should i put betadine or should i just clean it regularly?

btw thank you so much for the replys
  6. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

omg, you have to be so careful when SHing that you don't get any cuts infected. its a scary thing. if you're still worried about there being an infection, get really hot, almost boiling water and bathe the cut in it using cotton wool every few hours. if there is any poison in the wound then that'll draw it right out.

be safe! :hug:
  7. Kinetic

Thanks so mcuh for the replys it really helped me
    The wounds are good now, they arent red anymore and it seems they are healing just fine
    God that was scary thanks again :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.