Help me cast a new light on hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PandorasToybox, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

You know...as soon as I started becoming acutely suicidal I realized something about the country of Canada... even now in the year 2009 we BARELY have a prevention plan for suicide...I think we as a country (Canada) ignore the topic of suicide...& that's sad & pathetic.. So I thought there's no better place to target than my own college... the rate for youth ages 15-24 now stands at 15/100,000 & this is the successful suicides ...this does NOT include attempts...now in high school, I attended 5 different girls funerals, that were death by suicide. ..that's 5 too many... In college...already 2 students dead ... in high school mental health & suicide were recongnized, but you musn't open your mouth about it around the college... the school doesn't even address that it's happening... Now see... as someone who was left by the college to pretty much kill myself...after I was promised help... & as someone who is hot headed & knows what she wants ... I'm out to get the college on this...Its time to stop ignoring the subject of suicide & hiding under the covers hoping it'll go away... therefore I started a new, stronger petition, to say, "Hey, it's time to reach out, address the topic & start helping the students as a community".

Please help, so we can stop holding funerals, & start holding celebrations of new breaks throughs in life :smile:

http://www.petitiononline.com/spacan09/petition.html

(It asks for you to list your province, but you can either put your country, city, territory, etc).

2. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

That's a noble cause. I would sign if only I was from Canada.. awareness seems to be a bit higher and help more available where I'm from, and I still feel that the world turns a deaf ear to those who need help.

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yes!!! I hope that your petition gets the attention and signatures it so greatly needs and deserves. Wow, talk about doing something. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.