help me do i tell friend about suicide attempts?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by annymonous, May 18, 2016.

1. annymonous

annymonous Member

hi over the last few weeks I have tried suicide and to runaway because the fall out with my friend was to much to deal with the los of my friend.its on my consion and basically they texted asking me if I'm ok and said they want to know what ways I've done to get rid off pain and just wondered is it ok to tell them as they asked
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I am saddened by your post but you life is important. Please tell your doctor or seek medical advice as you are in a very much a fragile state. I understand you are frightened at the moment and no doubt stricken with worries.

My suggestion would be talk face to face to your friend and if you have done something wrong, then just say sorry as it best to remain frames and a faceless conversation such as a text has no meaning. The meeting should be taken in a neutral place such as a coffee bar.

At the moment, you are fretting a lot but please remain calm. From what I can sense you are really suffering at the loss of a dear friend who really care about. We all care about YOU.

Just think, someone in the world cares about YOU, so please from the bottom of my heart please don't worry and keep posting here. Take care and most important be safe.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I agree with Unknown111 a text isn't the way to deal with it, face to face would be better.
    I would however, examine my motive for telling your friend? Is this the friend that you parted company with and caused your attempt? If that's so, are you hoping this makes your friend come back? That would be manipulation and not a good habit to get into.
    Basically, I'd suggest getting help for the cause of your attempt, therapy, Physician, etc are you depressed? need to find the reason for your actions. Learn new coping skills to get through these things in life, there will be things like this and worse, so seek help now, you're still young.
    I'm very glad you were not successful in your attempt.
    Also welcome to the forum, you can get a lot of support here.
  4. annymonous

annymonous Member

hi thankyou you both for your replies I just want them to kno what they've done they don't wanna kno anyway because I replied not tellingbtgem everything just hints and they ain't replied.i just haven't told anyone and this person asked what I've done
    Brian777 likes this.
  5. annymonous

annymonous Member

hi I told then there response was horrible and there still leaving me out I'm so tired of all this pain I just want it to be over I cannot cope
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry you feel this way. Maybe if you want help, reach out to the professionals as maybe your friends does not know how to respond or isn't getting those hints.

Maybe calling a crisis hotline would be another way to tell somebody how you feel or even text them if you have issues talking to someone.
  7. annymonous

annymonous Member

they went out last night nothing inviting me and are even asking the travet agent to swap my place
  8. annymonous

annymonous Member

having plucked up the courage to tell someone there reaction was to tell me it's not fair to tell them,to leave me out on night outs right under mu nose literally,to give me a lecture on how there's people worse off and to try and change my place some friends !
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I think your best option right now is to reach out to a professional. This friendship you're in doesn't sound healthy for either of you.
    MisterBGone likes this.
  10. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

First- they may have done something that hurt your feelings or something that was even wrong- but they did not make you attempt suicide or to harm yourself- that was your decision in a way to react to the pain- a poor decison brought on by depression and instability that has nothing to do with them and that they cannot help. If they became the best friends in the world tomorrow that would not "cure" the issue that made you react to a fight with a friend by attempting suicide- you need help for that. So far as claiming they are not interested because you gave hints and they responded by stop textting- yes -that is typically what happens when somebody you are in a fight with reaches out to talk and you respond by hinting at things and acting cagey and and trying to force them to ask more and more questions instead of just answer them or tell them it doesnt matter because it is in the past and resume being friends- the only mature options tell them how they hurt you and that you do not want to be friends, tell them how they hurt you but you are going to forgive them but do not do it again, tell them it is all in the past and forget about it, or not answer and go on with life.

No, I would not try to tell them about the suicide attempt right now because it implies they are responsible which they 100% are not- that is all on you. They are responsible for their actions that hurt you, tell them about those actions, but you are responsible for your own actions whether you ever want to be friends again with them or not. To work through the friend issues either talk to them and talk about what actions they take that hurt you, or stop being around them as they are not good for you. For help with the suicidal thoughts and the real reasons that somebody hurting your feelings resulted in you trying to kill yourself you need to talk to a professional and get real help, not some other people that have no more clue how to deal with it or fix it than you and that have already shown they do not really understand your feelings.