Help me get off this stuff!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Toki Wartooth Lover, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

I'm going to say it right now. No fillers, I'm addicted to Cocaine.
    It's ruining my life and my band.
    I need off this stuff... But I just can't get off it.
    Please, please, PLEASE if there is anyone out there.. help me get off of it..

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I have no ideas on how to get rid of a cocaine addiction. All I can say is try to find things that will help you ignore your want for it. maybe try counselling for it. that might help.

3. Toki Wartooth Lover

I've tried everything for it. I still can't get off this stuff.
    Thanks anyways though.

*looks at your user name* Naruto fan huh? Cool

4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Yes I am :biggrin: my username is going to change though as soon as I figure something else out.

5. Toki Wartooth Lover

Cool... I personally think Nejis the best :p

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Hey. I've never dealt with a Cocaine addictions, dealt with others but I'm not sure about Coke.
    Have you tried getting to a detox facility. A hospital or sober house or something? If it's that bad I mean. Or NA is always a good place to go as well.

Do other people know about your addiction? Those close to you?

Anyway keep posting let us know what's going on :hug: :heart:

7. Toki Wartooth Lover

I've tried a lot of stuff to get rid of this horrid addiction.

Some people do. It's taking a great toll on my band.

Thanks. :hug:

8. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

9. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

as someone who was addicted to cocaine and meth. its not gunna be easy.
    im not sure how long you have been using. i quit 17 years ago.
    there are a couple of ways to do so. however !! the only way it will work is if you are willing to do what it takes to get there.

you have to have the inside desire, not just the words. if you have to, get into a rehab for 30 or 90 days. then join some kind of support group to help keep you clean.
    you may want to say " but i cant leave" i got my commitments. well, those commitments are going to be snorted away if you dont do something.
    if you truley want to quit and stay clean ... you will call a center and get yourself in it. dont waste time with all the b/s of why you cant do that and there must be another way because all it is is b/s and you not having the desire to do WHAT IT TAKES.

YOU HAVE TO HELP YOURSELF, we and others can be there to support you in your recovery.
    its a matter of finding a center and making that first step. can you do that ?
    if you can then you are on your way.
    things may not seem all that great being in a center, however ... you can choose between short lived pain and misery or ... a long term misery and possible fatal interuption.

find a book and do what you ahve to do.

its up to you, i wish you the best.

odie

10. Toki Wartooth Lover

Thanks for the advice... errg... I didn't want to go into rehab.. oh well...
    I seriously appreciate your input! :)

11. ODIECOM

i respect your thoughts on not going to rehab. do you think you can get clean and stay that way by going to n/a or another addiction support group ?
    some places have 7 to 8 day dry out and detoxing. and then you can find an outside support group. i do suggest however that if you do choose to get clean ... all of the ppl that you hang with that USE, you need to distance yourself from them. they should be aware of your intentions and if they are any kind of friends they will respect what you are trying to do.
    the bottom line is, dont place yourself in a situation that MAY tempt you.
    there are alot of things that will change for you and things that YOU WILL have to change in order to stay clean.
    keeping in mind ... this is assuming thats what you want.

i dont believe in sugar coating things. iam very blunt and matter of fact in these matters. ive been there with both coke, meth and a 16 year love affair with booze.

ive been sober for 13.5 years and clean for around 17.
    many ppl will try to flower things for you but ultimitly ... its a rough ride. however its alot easier ride than falling permanent prey to cocaine.

the choice is yours. some of us try several times and we failed. sometimes you simply have to come crashing down before you are really ready to quit.

i crashed at least 4 times. as easy as it is to say quitting will not be easy .. BUT ITS DO ABLE. its just as easy to say YOU WILL CRASH AND BURN.
    both are fact and reality.
    you got a band ? sounds like you enjoy music. sounds like you would like to see yourself become popular in music. what are you willing to give up to keep using ?
    oh yeah, YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP EVERYTHING.

ppl dont like to be labled an alcholic, or a drug addict. i felt that way as well.
    today ...IM AN ALCOHOLIC AND FORMER DRUG ADDICT.
    i came to realise that i didnt need neither the drugs nor the booze to enjoy life or to screw it up. at least when i screwed up, i knew what i did. i didnt have to look at the mess through buzzed eyes or a hangover.

you will .. i guarrante enjoy each and everyday that you see yourself growing.
    yes !! thats what its called when you are recovering. GROWING.
    you will learn to think differantly and you will learn to enjoy the life you missed while you were fucked up.
    there will be times when you have cravings, but support groups and your faith in yourself will carry you through.
    give it a shot. short term misery or long term and potentialy fatal false enjoyment.
    keep in touch
    odie

12. Toki Wartooth Lover

Thanks again, but I think I am going to take the rehab idea. :)

13. ODIECOM

nice congratulations

14. ODIECOM

i do wish you the best. i hope somehow you can keep in touch and let us know how your doing.

15. Toki Wartooth Lover

^^ thanks~

16. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

First things first, I’m no a professional. Just someone who has done a fair amount of research, and has had a drug history (and present :p) themselves.

Cocaine primarily stimulates dopamine, as does meth (save for meth does it 300% more per weight)
    Now, from my quitting (for the most part) and my friend(s) still trying, slowly coming off them is the only way. So, I figure, if you try small doses of speed, it may help wean you off of it. But that’s not for sure, getting addicted to another drug doesn’t strike me as the best issue.

Weaning yourself off of cocaine is the only other option I see.
    If you do it a lot simply stopping will not work. You will either only last a few weeks/days, or you will have physical withdrawal symptoms.

Now one of the problems with cocaine is once you have done it, from now on every time you even think about it the blood flow in your brain will be altered. Even thinking about cocaine activates certain parts of your brain. This is one of the reasons that cocaine is so addictive.

So, there is no simple answer.
    Stop going out to so many parties where you are tempted to do blow, and do less and less every time you get it seems the best idea. Now, I know this is hard, trust me. But, if you do a gram (for example) to yourself in a night, then buy one gram. Then the next time you buy more buy .9, and then .8, or however you want to do it. Or, because buying .9 is awkward and odd request to your dealer, even just try and let other people have more hits so you end up having less each time, do it however you want. The point is that you gradually take less and less. Either way, it’s going to have to be a long, slow process if you want it to work.

If possible, try and tell someone close to you so they can tell you when you are off track, and try to keep you going in the right direction. In quitting drugs moral support is one of the most important things.

Feel free to pm me if you’d like. Hope all goes well

17. Toki Wartooth Lover

Thanks. I've been clean for about 2 days now. :)

18. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

personally ive never come off coke before but i have had a few friends that have.
    the come down can be realy bad, before attempting to come off it and it being a failed attempt that will make you feel worse and lower than ever, please i urge you to seek medical help.
    Doctors are there to help and support you and there is a lot of support out there for people in your predicament.
    the first step is asking for help, which you have already taken.
    the next is getting it from the right place.
    friends/family and medical staff will all be of help to you during this difficult time

19. Toki Wartooth Lover

I don't really like hospitals... (baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad experiences) And my "family" isn't a support much.

But, I've been clean for about 2 days now. And, I'm going insane! It's soo hard to come off this stuff!

20. Hideki

Hideki Account Closed

I have faith in you Toki! You can PM me anytime I'll be here for you! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.