Help me Here

• Thread starter Unregistered012345
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered012345

How is it that someone who has threatened members of staff and members of this forum be allowed to be unbanned? How is it that someone who's done far less is banned for life? They had numerous chances and are banned permanantly while this other member has wished harm on other members was banned and is now back. You say it's all about equality here and fairness. How is that fair?

JohnADreams

Maybe it's just based on the number of chances and not the seriousness of what was said or done. Not sure, cant even tell who's had what done where or when recently.

U

Unregistered012345

JohnADreams
Both people in my eyes have had equal amounts of chances. They have both done wrong there is no doubting that. The problem is how do you welcome someone back who has repeatedly told members of this forum to kill themselves and that he'd do it if he could. I mean come on. Isn't there a point where you draw the lines? Where you say now he's being nasty and threatening. I for one know if I sat there and said I hope so and so dies I'd be under moderation and probably banned permanantly.

C

Chalky

There is a lot of bias on this forum, same as there is in life, anywhere, so yes, there will be times when things are incredibly unfair.

Having said that, if someone is telling people to kill themselves or he would do it for them, or whatever, could it not possibly be a symptom of an illness, and if the team were satisfied that he was better, or on meds, or more stable, or something then maybe he might be allowed back? Maybe a symptom of a problem might be given more leeway than a person with some form of attitude problem?

But yes, bias does occur here (maybe I see it more here than many places because I've ended up being on the wrong side of it), and yes, it is unfair, but unfortunately, that is a way of life. If you dont' agree with this person being about, keep your distance, presumably others would do the same if they felt uncomfortable and maybe that person may not stay here for long if he realised that past actions had consequences, or equally, he might change due to that.

I totally, TOTALLY get what you are saying though.

U

Unregistered012345

Chalky,
No they has no illness, so in my eyes it's no excuse, unless you count being a complete and utter prick being an illness than I don't think so. As a matter of keeping distance, atm that is not a problem at all, for me at least. Seeing as I have no intention of being friendly with him. I agree with the biased stuff, but I'm sorry if someone prey's on people's vulnerability and says they deserve to die and they hope they die, or they'd help, that's hardly supportive, right?! You'd figure they'd take those words a little bit more seriously than an I'll ban you then I'll unban you. Is that not basically saying it's okay to do, come on back. It's also setting up for other banned members to try to get back in and when they are not let back in they can cause a huge stink saying well such and such a member did tso why not me?

C

Chalky

I get what you are saying, really, I do, however, maybe there is more going on that you don't know about? Behind the scenes? Things not spoken to regular members that might explain this, but that can't be made public for whatever reason?

If it is as plain cut as you say, then that's not right, not at all, but maybe there is more to this than meets to eye? I certainly hope so.

U

Unregistered012345

I get what you are saying, really, I do, however, maybe there is more going on that you don't know about? Behind the scenes? Things not spoken to regular members that might explain this, but that can't be made public for whatever reason?

If it is as plain cut as you say, then that's not right, not at all, but maybe there is more to this than meets to eye? I certainly hope so.

I doubt there's more to it than meets the eye. It's usually as straight forward as this. The member in question straight up said to ban their IP, that they wanted nothing more to do with this site. This was after they was already banned, as they were posting under the Uncertainty Principle. So, why lift the ban after they've stated they want nothing more to do with this site. Why lift after they've wished so many dead, after they've had numerous chances, after they've abused the site and pushed button upon button. Why allow someone who clearly has such disregard for this site back on??

I'd like a mod to answer that one for me?? Please

O

Opinion

OP, I know exactly who you are refering to. I do find it very unfair they've unbanned the one member who wished so many dead, and said he/she would have done it him/herself, especially after he/she posted methods for so many to see. I find it quite ridiculous actually. I do think that the other person you're refering to got many, many chances, but I do think that he/she deserves a second chance, if he/she chooses, or even be placed under perm. moderation like another member here. Anyways, just my $0.02.

U

Unregistered012345

OP, I know exactly who you are refering to. I do find it very unfair they've unbanned the one member who wished so many dead, and said he/she would have done it him/herself, especially after he/she posted methods for so many to see. I find it quite ridiculous actually. I do think that the other person you're refering to got many, many chances, but I do think that he/she deserves a second chance, if he/she chooses, or even be placed under perm. moderation like another member here. Anyways, just my $0.02.
Look, I'll blatantly say it and if it gets deleted, I don't really give a shit. <Mod Edit: do not single out members> should not be allowed back here. After wishing mods dead, members dead and saying he'd do it himself should be an automatic ban and it shouldnt be lifted. How can you allow someone who has basically said that, who has offered methods up, who has no regard for others on this site to patrol here and possibly send someone off the edge. I don't care if you figure out who this is to be perfectly honest.

You allow a parasite like that on this site, who has said don't let me back in, <Mod Edit: insulting>, but you won't let someone others back. How many more chances does HE get considering SHE got many as well?!!!!!

Last edited:
C

Chalky

It's very clear you are totally pissed off by this,unfortunately though, by naming names and losing your cool you are more likely to not get an answer and the thread will probably be deleted, as opposed to being a healthy and calm debate which might have got an answer too.

I hope that if this thread has to be moderated, it is editted and answered as opposed to deleted because deleting it could easily make the situation worse, which no one wants, I'm sure.

To answer your concerns in the best way I can at the present time:

I'm not exactly sure of the situation here, I will ask the other staff, and we'll get back to you.
If you'd care to log in and post in LtM when you've calmed down a bit, it would be much appreciated.

U

Unregistered012345

To answer your concerns in the best way I can at the present time:

I'm not exactly sure of the situation here, I will ask the other staff, and we'll get back to you.
If you'd care to log in and post in LtM when you've calmed down a bit, it would be much appreciated.
Please do not tell me to calm down Joe, as I'm not pissed off or angry. I will not log in and post to LTM because my last one never got answered. As for bringing it up with staff Joe, there should be no discussion. It should be straight up banned stayed. I mean for real, you can't tell me you are pleased someone that posted the shit they did about you should be allowed another chance after the chances he's had.

And besides
I've brought it up with some staff before. I've brought it up with Robin. So, it's really pointless isn't it. Allow a parasite to return and leave other banned members banned. Why even bother banning a member if you are going to let him back?

I

IhateLIARS

The member in question was actually placed under moderation, not banned.

I've brought the issue up with the staff.
Thats a crock of shit joe and you know it as well as i do. Simply for the fact that when I searched his username it said member not found. WHY WAS THAT HUH. Don't fuckin lie to me whene i know the truth okay

If you're going to get insulting, then I may as well lock this thread.

I'm not sure why you can't see his account, but I can, and he is under moderation.
If you think I'm lying to you, fine, but I assure you I'm not.

I

IhateLIARS

If you're going to get insulting, then I may as well lock this thread.

I'm not sure why you can't see his account, but I can, and he is under moderation.
If you think I'm lying to you, fine, but I assure you I'm not.
Actually i can see his account now meaning he was unbaned Joe, and that is why i started this thread. Do what you need to do? lock if you want? lie all you want? i will j ust create many many more like this until i get heard

You know as well as i do that threatening someone they way he has is inexcusable. So, he was banned for three weeks and it was lifted..I'm not stupid...please spare me that much.

R

Robin

To clarify, I set the ban for 3 weeks, after which it automatically expired, the forum software doesn't alert us when such a ban is lifted so I guess it simply got forgotten, especially since I've barely been on the site for a week because of my own problems. My intention was to place him under moderation after the 3 week ban, the reason being he did what he did to get a ban as he was very suicidal, I hate banning people when it's clear they need support and no, he hasn't had as many chances as some folk although he's very close.

There's going to be bias wherever you find people and to be perfectly honest, without asking the staff's opinion, I can imagine most of them would agree that he should stay banned but I have a habit of giving one more chance if I am the one that made the decision, especially when I think a person is redeemable and just having a hard time.

If a majority rule in the staff room agree for a total ban then I will abide by that decision but because I've been away for so much we haven't discussed the member in question.

U

Unregistered012345

To clarify, I set the ban for 3 weeks, after which it automatically expired, the forum software doesn't alert us when such a ban is lifted so I guess it simply got forgotten, especially since I've barely been on the site for a week because of my own problems. My intention was to place him under moderation after the 3 week ban, the reason being he did what he did to get a ban as he was very suicidal, I hate banning people when it's clear they need support and no, he hasn't had as many chances as some folk although he's very close.

There's going to be bias wherever you find people and to be perfectly honest, without asking the staff's opinion, I can imagine most of them would agree that he should stay banned but I have a habit of giving one more chance if I am the one that made the decision, especially when I think a person is redeemable and just having a hard time.

If a majority rule in the staff room agree for a total ban then I will abide by that decision but because I've been away for so much we haven't discussed the member in question.
ONE MORE CHANCE. ONE MORE CHANCE. You can't be serious Robin. You just can't. How many chances will he have?!!! HUH. HOW MANY MORE CHANCES? He's wished people dead before the ban...before he was even kicked from chat. SO DONT TELL ME HE DESERVES CHANCES. You guessed...I'm mad...you should take it up with staff...you are going to allow a member who wishes members of your site dead. Cooll ....just cool

HERES SOMETHING FROM THE RULES

• Being suicidal yourself does not give you the right to act how you want, please bear this in mind before you post on the forum or enter chat. People acting inappropriately will be banned if they cause problems for others.

Either have them or don't...don't pick and choose. Why not just throw all the rules out of the window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00