Help Me - I am about to go insane.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LoveShy, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoveShy

LoveShy New Member

Hello. I wondered over here from the Social Anxiety Support forum. I am a 22 year old male in California. My problem is, in addition to having social anxiety, that I am horribly love-shy. For anyone who does not know what that means, a love-shy man is a guy who is scared shitless to approach women, but strongly desires a relationship. All I ever think about is getting a girlfriend and eventually getting married. I also have a stong desire for kids some day, but in my condition that will never happen. Yes, I do feel suicidal, but one thing that really keeps me from wanting to kill myself is the fact that I have yet to have a loving experience with a girl. If I die, then it will certianly never happen. By loving experience, I don't just mean sex, but just dating, kissing, holding hands, talking for hours, etc. Just the idea of touching a girls arm makes me feel all tingly inside. I would love to be with a girl, hold hands with her, and touch her beautiful hair. So many girls out there are so beautiful. I would love to hang out in the park or go for a walk while holding hands. What would it be like to find out that a girl has had a crush on me? Now that really makes me feel tingly inside!

I get angry whenever I hear about a girl who is in love with a guy who mistreats her and abuses her. This one girl use to tell me about how her boyfriend physically beat her and how horrible it was. Yet she stayed with him. I could tell she was in love with him. I can't for the life of me figure out why. I would never beat on a girl or mistreat her like that. But this girl found nothing attractive in me, and that really frustrates and saddens me. Why are so many girls attracted to jerks? Why are girls so turned off to shy men like me? It's not like I lie, play games, cheat, abuse, or talk down to women.

Another issue is that I have no friends. Literally, no friends whatsoever. I hardly talk to anyone at college anymore, and I never hang out with anyone. If I am not in school or at work, I am usually at home sitting in front of my computer. My social anxiety makes it extremely difficult for me to get out.

Right now I feel like I am about to lose my mind because I have no one to talk to now. No one at all. There is so much going on, a lot of which I will refrain from mentioning right now so this post is not incredibly long. There is a lot of stuff I left out. I just need a person to talk to. I need friends. I need someone who accepts me for who I am and at least TRIES to understand me.

Please PM me. There is a lot of stuff I want to talk about. I would also just like to get to know someone. I prefer females, but guys are certianly welcome too. If you are a worried about me trying to hit on you, just say you aren't interested in me like that, and I will respect that.

Looking forward to hearing from someone!

2. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

3. randomguy

randomguy New Member

Hi!
    I like that too...
    Im scared of talkin to girls, sitting on front of my computer all the time... dont got too maney friends... Hate guys that hit their girlfriends (I think everyone with a brain does)
    All I want is a girl that I can be with... Hold hands, hug, make dinner:tongue: ...
    Just try to ask a girl you like out for a date... Im too scared... :p

(first post btw:smile: )

4. iwishiwasinvisible

iwishiwasinvisible Active Member

hi
    i cant have a relationship cause im scraed of getting to close and getting hurt
    i want the same things you do..walking on the beach...i hate guys who mis treats wemon...i dont understand how gurls can put themselfs through that...i grew up watching it.......i have bad anxiety and i always have to have someone go ne were with me.....but when i have to have to go somewere by myself wit is rare cuz i usually cancle my meetings and stay home in bed........i have to push my self really hard..lock myself out..i have to fool myself and try not to think of what im doing till im soo far away from home to were there really isnt a p[oint to turn back.................u work and go to skool how do you get through those times.......pm me ne time im a good listener...dont be afraid to ramble on..i do too.."wink"

5. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Not to have many or any friend for me is what comes down to. I love it by myself compare to wasting money just to come home empty. Many things in life is not justified by having friends or even lover or husband or wife. Love is also available in other forms.Be a big brother or sister.Some people disappoint me & I disappoint them. I wasted a lot of time & money to the so called friends.I am alone now & better this way. Try to identify why you are scared of girls.

6. LoveShy

LoveShy New Member

I have been using eharmony for almost a year now. It has not worked out for me at all. Most girls never reply to me (probably because they are not paying members) and others will either close me out right away or they will start communication with me and then suddenly stop and dissapear. eharmony has not worked out for me at all. It has been a big waste of money.

7. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Hi Loveshy, I haven't been thinking a lot of love and girlfriends right now, never ever have had one. I will turn 20 on Monday, I also have no friends, social anxiety sufferer just like you, your certainly not alone here and I feel a bit better that I am not as well. Still, yeah, your feelings right now are PERFECTLY normal and I hope you can get better.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.