Help me. I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Disarray, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disarray

Disarray New Member

I was already incredibly depressed. A few minutes ago my wife swallowed a handful of pills, and before I could even call 911 she passed out and split her skull open on the table. By the time they wheeled her away on the stretcher, she barely had a pulse and was barely breathing. She is all I have. Then I find a note telling me she will always love me and she is sorry that it had to end this way and calling herself worthless. What do I do at this point? They wont even give me an update, nor will they tell me which hospital she is at. I can't live without her. What am I supposed to do at this point? If does she doesn't survive I don't think I'm going to have a choice but to take myself out.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry hun this is happening to you and that your wife felt she had no other options to her Her depression clouded her decision making hun her mind was in so much turmoil

You are her husband why won't they tell you what is happening you are next of kin i don't understand
    What you do hun is call hospital nearest you and see if your wife was transported there and get over to hospital ok You can only be there when she awakes and work to get her professional help she needs They will flush her system out of the medicaton she took and tend to her head wound They have to talk to you Do not let your fears and anxiety take you to such a dark place ok The will stabilize your wife you need to ask why they are not giving you any information.

3. Tired John

Tired John Well-Known Member

I prefer not to go negative, but something doesn't smell right with this post. If you are legally married to this woman and are not suspected of causing her injury, there are no first responders (assuming you are in the USA) anywhere that would deny you the information you claim.

4. Disarray

Disarray New Member

No they said they weren't sure yet where she was going. I would never hurt a woman in any way shape or form. It also happened at work so it's all on camera. They have a copy of the tape. Thanks for jumping to conclusions Tired John

Anyway, the Sheriff's department called me and told me where she was. I spent over an hour driving there, and after sitting there for about an hour she opened her eyes. I was holding her hand and ask her to squeeze my hand if she could hear me. She did. I told her I loved her. No response. I told her to squeeze my hand if hated me for calling 911. She squeezed my hand. I told her to squeeze my hand if she wanted me to leave. She squeezed my hand. The person I love the most in the world, the person that I would do anything for, suddenly wants nothing to do with me for no rhyme or reason. I came here because I have nobody else to talk to. I've tried to commit suicide in the past. I though maybe this could be of some help. At this point, I've never wanted to die so bad, and all I can think about is how to go about doing it. I just wanted some help. Somebody to talk to.

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Don't take to heart anything she might say (or indicate) at this point, she's not going to be thinking straight.
    Am assuming they will section her for the forseeable future (do you have sectioning in the USA? :unsure: ) and this might not seem a good thing, but it is.
    She will receive help and have a safe haven to think things through.
    Meanwhile,you need to see a doc about your own depression.
    Why are you both so low?
    What's going on in your life that has brought things to this pass.

6. Tired John

Wasn't looking to offend you, my friend, but saying "They wont even give me an update, nor will they tell me which hospital she is at." is quite different than saying "No they said they weren't sure yet where she was going." Abusive guys often feel great remorse and tend to cover their actions with it was accident, is all. Hope she recovers and you can work things out. Give her some time to regain her perspective on the world, she has some tough things to go thru for a while, support her as best you can, but for your own sake, don't make your long term happiness dependent on the outcome. It's devastating to have a committed relationship fail, it takes time and space to heal. Give yourself some.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there..I am so sorry this has happened and that you both feel so down. When she does recover , perhaps it is the right time for both of you to get some professional help (if not already getting it), and maybe some relationship counselling. You did the right thing by calling the emergency services and if she was thinking clearly she would think so too.. so don't feel bad about that. Keep talking here, if it helps, x

8. Disarray

Disarray New Member

I'm sorry that it came out that way. I was offended because I would never intentionally hurt a woman. That's just how I was raised. My mother was abused...

Anyway, I just got back from visiting with her. She said she didn't remember me even being there holding her hand. She admitted she had been lying to me and hadn't been taking her antidepressant. I haven't either. I took mine today, but I'm just really sick of having to take meds to feel normal. I have to admit, I almost didn't make it through last night. I'm glad I didn't follow through, I love my wife so much. They say that she is going to be fine and she is supposed to get out tomorrow. Thank you all for your support.

9. Tired John

I watched my Mother be abused also, as a child, so perhaps that makes me a little over sensitive about it. Anyway, sounds like things a going better for you and that good to hear.

10. Sublimity

Sublimity Member

You just have to support her emotionally and try to work out a strategy together to avoid any relapses in the future.

11. Raphael1

Raphael1 Well-Known Member

I really sorry you having such a rough time here. It's really difficult.

Be brave get through all this.

I hope you work really hard to stick together and lift each other up through all this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.