Help me - my feelings are ruining everything!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by cardiac suicide, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay,so I am actually a member here,but I'm not telling anyone who this is as this is really embaressing,and will probably freak people out.This has been happening for years,and it tends to make a mess of my friendships.

Anyway,every now and then one of my friends will get really upset,and I have this weird urge to kiss them :eek:hmy: This is even odder as when I get upset,all I want is a cuddle.

What is wrong with me?Why am I like this? :cry:
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is not so strange to want to cuddle when you are upset. Cuddling is a source of comfort and when we are upset we need that feeling of comfort. I can also understand the urge to kiss someone when they are upset. as a child when I hurt myself my grandmother or other caretaker would kiss it to make it feel better. We carry those feelings with us. It is a way to make things better. Isn't that ultimately your goal? I hope this makes at least a little sense for you. :hug:
  3. Innocent

Innocent Guest

I think it just has something to do with how bad you feel about fighting with them, you want to make things better again, you want to make the fight go away, and somehow your subconscious associated that with kissing. You just want to make things alright again I guess.
  4. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I think its only natural. In a way, now that I have seen your post, I have to admit something I think I should've said long ago. I always want to be embraced too, cos in my life, it seems like I am fated not to be embraced or being kissed by someone. So I think about it a lot, cos I could at least feel something even if I don't get it. Maybe it shows you are a very loving person...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.